N16 SR16VE

:lol: Don't care :P. Still a jap car, like so many others that are not built in japland :thumb:

Fishing_126.jpg

most jap parts components are made in taiwan or china and send to japan for assembly.

you have a CDM yo!

get your health and safety ownnnn!

Incomparable imo. Weight and the N1 was given better shocks, and strut braces. If the N16 had been given a GTi trim (like the SpecV in the US) it would have had strut braces and better shocks, just like the N15 GTi. Nissan never made the N16 Almera (let alone a Van) to be a performance car. However the chassis has this potential as it's a development of the N15. The yanks seems happy enough with their B15 SR20 cars anyway :).

I also preffered the saloon too?

its quite possibly down to the fact the N16 had two of the most UNRELIABLE engines ever made by nissan. coupled with an unreliable drivetrain.

other than that. all is good.

growing on me tbh... i'd own one.

Wrong - only one troublesome engine/gearbox & that's the Phase 1 1.5 - end of story.

i love my n16 and everything, but my QC18 stretched its chain at 113k with FNSH up too 100k :/. its still getting me around though so the chains may stretch, but they wont snap ha :D

well now we all have that out of our systems :lol:

well after i got out of the hospital there wasn't much daylight time left so i though we could just throw in the driveshafts and call it a night, well it turns out that the gti drivers side shaft is not compatable with the 32v gearbox at all, although the splines are the same the shaft doesn't go into the diff far enough for the halfshaft bracket to line up with it's mounting holes on the back of the block :wall:

now i know this is a very long shot but if anyone on here happens to have a drivers side inner cv off of a vz-r that's not currently in a box could they take some pictures like these ones i took of the gti inner splines with a ruler. it would be much appreciated so i can work out if it's the splined part that needs shortened or if it's the bearing/seal shoulder that needs shortened.

2011-04-01193058.jpg

2011-04-01193116.jpg

failing that i have a drivers side vz-r shaft but i'll need to source an inner cv, which means bending over and getting shafted, pardon the pun :(

also i heard back from rimstock/team dynamics about the gold wheels of off marks/stevens old car, they are an early version of one of the motorsport range and they havent made one for over 8 years, they said it's likely impossible i'll find anyone with stock of them, and said that ebay was my best bet for a finding a replacement, so that's 4 new paperweights i have all down to one of them being more bent that mark owen :/

I know mate and that's what I had based using a gti o/s shaft on but it certainly is 3 to 4mm out at the mounting bracket points, and there is nothing extra inside the diff causing this to happen so I'm just as confused

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

the link to the info is dead.

but i recall reading when someone converted an A box to a V box, he had to machine down the splined part of the long shaft to get it to fit.

so either take it to a machinist and get it cut down as much as needed. or get the grinder out.

This doesn't make sense!

This shouldn't be an issue!

I sold Rowdy my N1 gearbox and he used the stock GTi drivers side shaft.

Take another look and try again, before you go chopping and grinding!

Back
Top Bottom