N16 SR16VE

all N15 selector rods are the same, so that makes it easier for you to find a set.

i never changed them when i done the SR20 swap and never had any problems

Thanks for the info Ross, I think I'll try qg18 selectors first incase there is any length differences between those and the n15 ones, but at least if I do need n15 ones they will be easily sourced :)

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

when we did the swap on miriam we left the sri rods on the car, this left the gearstick sitting pretty far back, 3rd gear looking like neutral etc making gear engagement difficult, we swapped in the gti ones and the gearstick sat perfectly in the middle, thats our experience with the issue.

Thanks for the info Ross, I think I'll try qg18 selectors first incase there is any length differences between those and the n15 ones, but at least if I do need n15 ones they will be easily sourced :)

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

The qg18de rods won't fit have a look at my gearbox thread. The stabiliser bracket is on the passenger side and the shifter is on the driver side. Where as the n15 the stabiliser is on the bracket driver side and the shifter is on the passenger side.

Stabalizer_Mount.jpg

ShifterRods.jpg

foooooook!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like it's the diesel selectors that would work, and garry off of neovvl just scrapped his one last weekend after i took the interior out :mad:

and if i looked close enough at that pic a few weeks back you can see the cant at the selector end of the 30 series selector where as the 50 series selectors are straight

off to the scrappy i go :(

Sam did say GTi ones are shorter or somat, but when i lined them up they looked SAME

you'd be surprised at how little length difference is needed to make the gearstick sit off, about a 1/4 of an inch moves the gearbox selector from neutral to first (or third depending which way you push lol)

Ok to clear something up you notice the gearbox code with the YD is the 5spd which is rods. This is in the Di. The RS6f51 in the DCi is cable operated. That might change your plans to buy my selectors mate.

-mobile phone post-

Ok to clear something up you notice the gearbox code with the YD is the 5spd which is rods. This is in the Di. The RS6f51 in the DCi is cable operated. That might change your plans to buy my selectors mate.

-mobile phone post-

Was just about to say that. Just get some n15 rods and cut and weld it like what QuickDraw did with liams swap.

Yeah you would need the box or at least bell housing from the 20V P12!

-mobile phone post-

darren no point buying n15 rods to cut and shut when i could just cut and shut the 30a qg15 rods and line up the selector end parts straight, and then redrill the rear mounting bracket to match the hole spacing for the adaptor plate, but why do that when the 50 series selectors should be the right length and look to be the right shape too ;) i'm hoping to make this swap as plug and play as possible to remove all the mystery of an SR swap into the N16, maybe then we'll see more of them around :)

maybe a project for another time there ed :eek:

come on guys stop putting ideas in my head lol

liam thanks mate but leave it with me just now, as i'm off out to the scrappy in huntly to where garry's ph1 sport+ diesel went when he scrapped it to see if i can get the selectors off of that, if that fails i'll pm you later today

Back
Top Bottom