N16 SR16VE

Ok to clear something up you notice the gearbox code with the YD is the 5spd which is rods. This is in the Di. The RS6f51 in the DCi is cable operated. That might change your plans to buy my selectors mate.

-mobile phone post-

I would say yes, they are :lol:

Phil's not looking to convert to 6spd, I was just putting it out there after making it clear that the selectors out of my breaking N16 won't work for his use. He's trying to find rod selectors of the right fitment/length.

Yeah the 6 speed is just a misunderstanding on my part about asking ed for the selectors off of his dci, but it may be something that's done sometime in the future, or sooner if I fry the vlsd :lol:

What I'm heading to go get is selectors off of a di ph1 which should mate up with the 32 series box and be the right length. I'll know soon enough lol

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

foooooook!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like it's the diesel selectors that would work, and garry off of neovvl just scrapped his one last weekend after i took the interior out :mad:

and if i looked close enough at that pic a few weeks back you can see the cant at the selector end of the 30 series selector where as the 50 series selectors are straight

off to the scrappy i go :(

Was this an N16 Silver Sport + TDDI if it is was my old car sad that it was scrapped (bloke I sold it to was also called garry)

Yeah that will probably be it mate, Garry hit a roadside plant pot thing during the heavy snow in january and caved the drivers sill and floor in :( worst is he only put it to the scrappy yesterday and I was up there just over a week ago getting the interior and mirrors from it!

well I have a set of ph1 diesel selectors end route to me just now as nistro has just collected them on his way back from Forres (cheers again mate!) So we'll soon know if my feelings about them are right!

Arses would have had the alloys off him, did he take the ECU out as it had been remapped he may have been able to sell it on ??, I loved that car as well :-( but the lowered supension & the shite roads in glasgow made it a FAIL...

Take it garry was ok?

Arses would have had the alloys off him, did he take the ECU out as it had been remapped he may have been able to sell it on ??, I loved that car as well :-( but the lowered supension & the shite roads in glasgow made it a FAIL...

Take it garry was ok?

yeah he was ok i think.

he probly kept all that. so maybe worth shooting him a PM.

No those wheels are on hold for me till I pay for them at the end of the week

He kept the ecu, Turbo, brakes etc also

Those H&R springs are irreplaceable too now as they don't make them any more! Hope he kept them too.

Those H&R springs are irreplaceable too now as they don't make them any more! Hope he kept them too.

I don't know mate, there was lots of things I'd have bought to keep available but I didn't have the spare cash, I'm even taking cash out my Isa to pay for the wheels as those gold ones will never be a set again as finding 1 is going to be neigh on impossible ;(

Bummer if only I'd known I was desparate to get a set of black & chrome lip for the T4 and the would have been a straight swap with some spigot rings, ah well got the OEM 17's coming tomorrow ...

At least some of the bits are going to a worthy project ;-), thats 2 of my old almera been written off :-(

thanks :), yeah the wheels, interior, leccy mirrors and gear selectors will live on in the UK's first ve'd n16 :shades:

ok so i got the 50a series gear selector assembly off of garry's old di sport+ and everything connected up perfectly, unfortunately when the gearbox is in neutral the gearstick sits like it's in third, which was no use obviously, but luckily the fix was very simple :).

firstly here is a pic showing the difference between the 30a selectors (top) and the 50a selectors, as you can see the end of the 50a selectors is straight compared to the 30a ones which are turned to one side, also the stabiliser rod to rear mounting bracket connector is slightly different (not shown in pic)

2011-04-05190227.jpg

so with the gearstick position problem in mind i worked out i just needed to extend the available adjustment at the gearstick end mounting points, so this is what i did, then i also had to cut a little of the front lugs of the mounting plate to allow it to slide forward about 8mm and make use of the extended slots i had made, once i put it back on it placed the gearstick back in the stock position, so i fitted up my energy suspension poly bushes and fitted it up properly :shades:

(stock rear mount on the right, modified one on the left)
2011-04-05195552.jpg

this is a very easy modification and much simpler than cutting and welding imo :)

now all that remains is the powersteering pump to be modified/hooked up and then it's just the wiring :eek: wish me luck :lol:

tbh craig we have been taking our time and enjoying doing the conversion, yeah we want it done but why rush it and possibly miss something important

Back
Top Bottom