N16 SR16VE

As I said, a right headache. Best of luck sorting it. Hopefully you'll sleep on it and it'll come to you in a dream!

Heh if only, what I need is an auto electrician degree audiobook, then I can play it overnight and wake up with another bsc lol

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

(reverse switch, load adjust, speed sensor, water temp, oil pressure, start signal, charge warning light, powersteering pressure switch, lambda, fuel pump etc etc etc) says something completely different, and while i don't mind risking blowing N16 parts i cant risk the VE ecu :/

I sent you a PM regarding the NATS bypass.

I also explained the reverse switch, load adjust, speed sensor, water temp, oil pressure, start signal, charge warning light, powersteering pressure switch, lambda, fuel pump, MIL lamp, coolant blower relay.

I would personally grab a SR20DE ECU from a N15 or a P10 (same as yours but no VE or NATS) the pin out should be the same. Start the engine using the non-VE ecu to make sure everything is running perfect. you won't be taking it to VVL anyway so disconnect the VVL solenoids wires, wire the ECU up and crank it over using the SR20DE ecu. it might not be running perfect as its a SR16 but at least you can make sure all the lights work before plugging in the VE ECU.

also have you got a Nissan Consult data cable. you can use that to test the ECU and the sensors.

I used ECUTalk, CalumSult and conzult

you will need to wire up a Consult plug up to the ECU

Coolant blower relay
NPS
PSP
Coolant temp
Cranking signal

all im saying is use another SR ecu to get the wiring done. if you connect the consult plug into the ECU you can test virtually everything before you start the engine. he does not want to blow the VE ecu.

once you wired up the consult plug you can test if the injectors are working and if you have a spark etc etc

thanks darren but unfortunately the n15 gti ecu pinout isn't the same and that's one of my original problems finding the correct pinout for the 16ve ecu, as the only proper one i have is in japanese, and of the 2 english ones i've found they don't agree with each other completely nor do they completely agree with the ecu pinout and colorings, and many thanks for the pm but i know how they work and how to wire them up, but i want to use the existing car loom and finding the correct wires in that loom is what's causing more problems, as i originally had traced back the wires from the ecu connector to the connectors that interface with the car loom and labelled them using the esm's ecu pinout diagram, but when i went to double check the wires with the rest of the esm loads of the wire colors and pin placements didn't tie in with what my labels say :/

anyway i've had enough of this crap for just now, so the project is getting parked up in the garage till i come back from my hols and i'll hit it then with a fully refreshed mind :)

So there she'll sit till I come back from Daytona :)
2011-04-20194124.jpg

thanks guys, i'll be thinking of you when i'm over there :) (well i wont really but it sounds good :lol: )

yeah i thought i would get away with a clean up and underseal of the crossmember but it's pretty fooked at the underside of the front, i could patch it and still have it pass mot's but i'd rather just replace it and be done with it, jfyi where did you get yours for liam mate and how much? as iirc the best i found when i looked the other week was about £55 +shipping

Well I took a chance on a second order from gspec since I am in the US, and I paid on Friday and it arrived today (monday) so much better than the 3 months my poly bush order took lol, (so props to greg and the guys) so I will be bringing back some goodies when I return. Due to what's happened I'm actually looking forward to getting home as we've kinda been stranded due to our good friends and hosts having to be away, but I'm also glad we were here to do a little bit to help them at this terrible time. Anyway I can't wait to get stuck into the wiring and get this project back on track (well I'm secretly hoping nistro took a home learning course on auto electronics while I was away and did it for me lol) when we get home so hopefully this car will be back on the road by the end of next week! :yes:

Good news then :)

Don't suppose you want to bring back a used B15 SpecV transmission? :lol: ah but seriously can I get a nismo oil cap sent to you to bring back please? :)

-mobile phone post-

Good news then :)

Don't suppose you want to bring back a used B15 SpecV transmission? :lol: ah but seriously can I get a nismo oil cap sent to you to bring back please? :)

-mobile phone post-

Probly too late.

Anything interstate usually takes 5 days and he is leaving friday

Reactions: edk
Ed as Ross said I'm coming home Friday but f you want to order it today with next day delivery (my order was $18 for shipping but was heavier than an oil cap) it should be here Thursday at the latest, I'll pm the addy where I'm at and if you order it asap we should be ok, but if not I will get our friends to send it on without packaging and Invoice with a low value to avoid the usual extortion by royal mail!

well i suppose i should get back to this thing and get it finished up. head isn't in the right place and i'm not sleeping to well and to be perfectly honest i cba but i've pumped enough cash into it to force me to finish it up to a drivable state.

anyway while in the US i got myself some adjustable cam gears (and a few other goodies) as just before i left i got a huge surprise, it started with raceworx putting up a fs thread for his newman N1 cam copies, i had said in the fs thread i wanted them but it would have to wait till i came back from my hols to pay for them, well later that night he pm'd me and said if i gave a deposit he would hold them for me, but when i read that pm the next day the fs thread was gone and when i pm'd him back he confirmed my fears that they had sold, it wasn't supposed to be i thought and forgot about it, then 2 days before i left on my hols i get to nistros place to do some work on the car and he hands me a parcel and says these are for you! to my complete surprise and amazement there were the very well packaged N1 cams in all their huge lobed beauty :clap:

so i want to say a huge thanks to nistro for doing this and also thanks to raceworx for not spoiling the surprise even though he knew they were coming to me :shades:

updates to follow as and when

Nice one Willie, that's some proper AOC shit right there.
Looking forward to a run in this now Phil ;-) Maybe when I come down for previously discussed items?
Good work mate, keep it up...

Back
Top Bottom