N16 SR16VE

cheers buddy, but if someone offers you the cash let them go, as i don't know how long it's going to take me to find a job and like i said i can't be spending out on new commitments for the car till i'm more secure financially.

anyway while looking for more info for my vvl swap i came across this little stormer, N16 saloon with an SR20VE 20V turbo :cool2: >>

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.carnews.com/detail/12984

122475136969041600780_550.jpg

J202.jpg

the ultimate sleeper!

Thats the standard N16 sedan grill! Just so you know, its not actually a 20 valve, 20V is just a name!

Thats cool man! Just mentioning it :lol: The 20VET is 280bhp standard! So i bet that thing shifts fair!

EDIT - Although looking at that wiring, did Kristian do the conversion? :uberlol:

Thats cool man! Just mentioning it :lol: The 20VET is 280bhp standard! So i bet that thing shifts fair!

EDIT - Although looking at that wiring, did Kristian do the conversion? :uberlol:

who's kristian?

Yeah it's a savage conversion though, 20ve, n1 inlet, tomei 2.2L stroke kit, turbo from an rx6, wilwood front and rear brake upgrade, lsd box 400+ bhp drool

not much done on the N16 front due to several reasons, weather and money beigh the main two, but i did get around to fitting my new headunit, i think it's pretty cool as it's touchscreen, hooks up to the phone, plays dvd's, has SD, USB, isheep, rca input etc plus all the outputs you could want, does TV, GPS (with added module), plays mp3 cd/dvd, vcd, cd-r, dvd-r, avi, mp4, has a remote control, can do split front/back output etc etc etc, and all for less than £160!. unfortunately as it's frontplate was illuminated in blue i had to knock up some led's for the heater controls and the dash cause i'm ocd like that, though i will need to replace the dash ones with wide angled versions to illuminate it properly due to the design on the N16 dash

knocking up the needed leds
dash-heater-leds.jpg

new headunit and blue heater lights and dash
new-headunit.jpg

Any info or a how to for the leds in the heater controls? I had a look a while ago but beer seemed like an easier and more favourable prospect, LOL.

Any info or a how to for the leds in the heater controls? I had a look a while ago but beer seemed like an easier and more favourable prospect, LOL.

heh beer is always easier lol, it's quite easy to get the bulbs out if you know what your looking for, ll you need to do is pull off the facia and remove the stereo to get to them. but due to the design of two of the bulbs in the heater i had to do a bit of a hack as they use what's called 'grain of wheat' bulbs i had to mod the holders for using led's, i'll let you see mine tomorrow and if you want i can knock some up for you? but the third heater light and the six in the dash are a piece of cake :yes:

Cheers for doin my heater control bulbs mate, looked ace on the drive hame. Do I still need two more for the digital display? Bright in the middle but dull at the sides. Ordering up the white ones for dials for a fiver off eBay. Also, I'll put the piccies up when the wee man goes to bed, lol.

Cheers for doin my heater control bulbs mate, looked ace on the drive hame. Do I still need two more for the digital display? Bright in the middle but dull at the sides. Ordering up the white ones for dials for a fiver off eBay. Also, I'll put the piccies up when the wee man goes to bed, lol.

no worries mate, nothing like a bit of ghetto car work as you said lol

nah that's what i was talking about earlier, i need some wide angled led's so that the light spreads better, and your lcd display is different from mine, mine uses three t3 bulbs but yours uses only one T5/286 bulb. once i get the wide angled leds in i'll make one up and post it up to you and you can fit it when you do the rest of the dash :)

Back
Top Bottom