N16 SR16VE

hey pal, whats the update with the engine?

Steve

steve i've been waiting to see if justin can find a l/h lsd driveshaft before shipping it out as only the l/h inner cv came with the box, but it looks like i'm going to try and source one here as i can't wait forever as i want the swap and all other work done by spring, so the second half of the money will be sent to justin on monday (just waiting for my redundancy cheque to clear) and it will just be a matter of shipping time and customs clearance till it's here, then it will just be gathering up the rest of the required bits and info for the swap :shades:

well there is some nice machinery and by reading the threads about the meets some nice guys in the club so i'm looking forward to it too, but like i said before it wasn't worth the trip in a completely oem looking 1.5E lol.

don't think i posted this pic in this thread before but these are the 16" rims my misses bought me for my birthday in august, they came off a primera egt, and she got them for £90 delivered!! they are artec e-sport lightweights, details here >> http://www.euroshina.com.ua/en/wheels/Artec/E_Sport i'm not that keen on the looks so i will probably only run them for a while then i'll find an excuse to replace them, but as they are "light weight" i may keep them for track/drag?

wheels.jpg

they have 205/55's on just now but i'll be replacing those with either 205/50's or 205/45's before they go on the car

well the /vvl/ has been paid for!!!! now i've just to wait for the sea freight :( but at least it will be on it's way in a day or so :yes: and i have a few options on the driveshaft, though by what i'm now hearing you need both driveshafts for the VZ-R box and not just the shorter left one :pinch:

that makes 2 of us mate :yes: though i still need to find somewhere to do the swap out of the elements, i should never have given up my old unit but mortgage payments went through the roof on the house so one of them had to go, and if it wasn't for the missus and kids it would have been the house lol

woohoo i finaly own a set of vzr drivesahafts!!!!! well that's the tough to find bits bought and paid for, on the way i have another set of primera 280mm front brakes (these are the same as the mera versions unlike the others i got and will allow me to use the calipers i re-furbed) and also a set of primera rear caliper carriers to enlarge the rear brakes to ~280mm too, though i think i will need to add bias valves to the rears. i got an N15 gti radiator and offside driveshaft today from nistro (thanks again mate, much appreciated!! ) so all i need to sort out now is the mounting side of things, and to source and grab a set of QG18 N16 outer CV's and i'm golden for the swap :shades:

well the engine and box is now officially out in open water, barring any major maratime catastrophy iw will be landing in the UK at the end of january. time to step up a gear on sourcing the mounts etc :yes:

good Luck :-) I hope you got the key for the ECU for the SR16VE the immobilisers may be coded into the ECU or on a separate box

thanks mate, boat lands friday morning so i should have it up here around about the end of the first week in febuary, but there is no nats/imobiliser on the vz-r's afaik? but i'm open to correction on that. and hurry up with your swap so i get a better idea of the mounting situation lol

well my ebay manifold arrived today, and for £88 shipped brand new i'm well happy with the quality! thanks again for this mate :shades:

header
2011-01-31170630.jpg

nice fish scale like welds
2011-01-31170655.jpg

some port polishing has been done but will need more touching up
2011-01-31170838.jpg

i've been a bit lax with updating this thread as quite a few bits for the project have arrived over the last few weeks so i'll crack out the camera tomorrow and get some pics up, and hopefully in the next week or so i'll be cracking open a wooden crate with the most important bit of all :yes:

Nice one Phil - that looks much better quality than the Jperformance header & the one I had :thumb:

thanks paul, i did think this looked better quality than most of the ebay headers i've seen but i suppose the proof will be in the performance

Nice one phil hurry hurry hurry the fook up :lol:

thanks mark, and i'm trying but i'm currently waiting to hear from the import agent, until i get the bill from him there is nothing i can do to hurry things along, and believe me when i tell you that no one wants this finished quicker than me lol!

Back
Top Bottom