N16 SR16VE

steven any links for decent gaskets at a resonable price? as the ones that came with it don't look too hot, yes it's the same shape as the rest of the ebay manifolds i've seen but the welds/build quality looks to be better, but maybe i've just got selective memory and think that my one is better lol

spook not conceptua mate, i got it from toyosports on ebay, and i got it for £88 delivered thanks to a fellow aoc member ;). unfortunately due to what happened it was only a one off but i'm sure if you keep an eye on the ones that go on auction and not buy it now you'll get one for less than the £110 bin asking price :)

ok sorry for the delay in posting the pics but unfortunately i'm cursed with taking bloody migraines and when in the midst bright lights are a certain no no. so anyway, first up is the vzr dashboard, i was hoping to source a JB15 vzr dash but it's prooving difficult, i have found 3 so far, 2 are on halfcuts and they don't want to seperate the dash and the third is owned by vas 'out of sight' and god knows why he's hanging on to his since he's selling the mera and N1 engine but i digress

DSCF3534.jpg

thanks to bobman on npoc for the dash and liam on here for the three required connectors, without which the dash would be useless lol. next up comes the vzr and gti driveshafts (top to bottom is pass vzr, drivers vzr, drivers gti) thanks again to bobman on npoc for the vzr shafts and nistro on here for the gti shaft :shades:

DSCF3533.jpg

then there is the adjustable scott russel link that was sourced from b15azn on here

DSCF3527.jpg

on to the stopping now and we have here some primera gt front calipers, which are the same calipers as all the n16's that have 280mm front brakes, and also use the same calipers as the smaller braked n16's just different carriers, due to this i will use my refurbed 1.5 calipers with the primera carriers to enable the 280mm front brakes. also there is the rear caliper carriers from the prim too, these carriers along with the mera rear calipers will allow me to use the prim gt 278mm rear discs, i may need to use some bias valves to stop the rears locking up on heavy braking but i will have to test that first. thanks to grim on npoc for the rear carriers

DSCF3530.jpg

next is just standare fare, n16 stock skirts and spoiler, £10 for everything thanks to the local scrappy :)

DSCF3529.jpg

next up is my ebay manifold, this came from toyosports on ebay via rich on here, it was a cracking buy at £88 delivered and i really thank rich for his kindness in sharing this with me! :shades:

2011-01-31170630.jpg

2011-01-31170655.jpg

DSCF3526.jpg

last few items now, a n15 gti radiator, again much thanks to nistro off here for this item :shades:

DSCF3528.jpg

Apexi airfilter

DSCF3531.jpg

and aluminium induction piping thanks to quickshuft on here, and the splitfire leads thanks to almera turbo on here :)

DSCF3532.jpg

this is what i have in hand at the minute, i have some of the mounts sorted out and i need to source whatever mounts that wont work from an n15 gti and also an n16 qg18 gear selector set, and some other bits and pieces plus of course the most important bits,

the 16ve, ecu and rs5f32v :shades:

SANY1620.jpg

SANY1622.jpg

SANY1619.jpg

which are all in the country awaiting customs clearance :shades:

Good selection of parts there dude! Looks like you're covered on all fronts! Like I said, if you need gear selectors or the chassis mount cutting off the front end of Grandad, left me know and ill sort you out :)

nice bits pal ... cant wait for this to get going

and as you mention it, i had a search lol, actually the first time i have seen the JB15 clocks ... you live and learn

Steve

Great collection of parts :thumb: Geeze that scrappy GAVE those skirts and spoiler away!

ed from what ive learned he pretty much know most of the guys in the autoparts shop we use plus the guy at the scrappy lol

thanks guys :shades:

thanks liam, i'll let you know once i get going if i need anything n15

thanks hally, i believe that the engine is complete with all ancilliaries including maf, but if it's not i take it you have one for sale? if so and i need one i'll shoot you a pm

thanks will, as long as you take your time, as pulling both those front calipers off yours will take a minute or two lol ;)

thanks steve, yeah it's nice, but like i said rockinghorse shit stuff, just to drool over here is a pic
jb15clocks.jpg

thanks ed, he did indeed, but being plastic they are low value items to him as a scrap metal dealer, just ike the leather p11 steering wheel for a tenner and an alloy and leather ph2 n16 gearnob for free :shades: i'm only gutted that i didn't get there quick enough to get the leccy mirrors!

ed from what ive learned he pretty much know most of the guys in the autoparts shop we use plus the guy at the scrappy lol

heh i've been messing with cars for a long time and you get to know people, and it certainly does become an advantage ;)

[ot]
ps see you tomorrow morning man, have the kettle on for 8 lol
[/ot]

Also when did rear 278 carriers come up on NPOC!? I've been after some a for a while and I thought there was a waiting list created in wanted thread :( But as you say brake bias could be an issue.

I got them a couple of months back mate, grim posted that he was breaking one and i posted asking if he had the rear carriers, got an affirmative and bought them. Fook if i knew you were needing a set i could have grabbed them of one of the prims that was in the scrappy a few weeks back! And i never knew about any wanted list mate, sorry :( and i don't think grim could have either? But it's worth shooting him a pm as he regularly breaks prims, heck he even posted up an sr20de for £100 with the proceeds to go to the club :shades:

Yeah bias may be an issue but the bias valves are easy to fit and cheap ;)

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

Reactions: edk
You though about N15 hub conversion on the front dude? Would save hassle getting the shafts to fit...

Only downside being you'd have 4x100 up front and 4x114.3 at the rear.

Yeah. It had N16 hubs and N16 driveshafts, which kept popping out...

If you were to use N15 hubs, you could use the N15 shafts (which still have the support bracket for the driverside) to save fannying around trying to mate N16 CVs to N15 shafts...

thanks hally, i believe that the engine is complete with all ancilliaries including maf, but if it's not i take it you have one for sale? if so and i need one i'll shoot you a pm

It's actually on ebay at the moment, so.... make of that what you will. If it doesnt sell I wont relist it till I know if you want it or not.

Back
Top Bottom