N16 SR16VE

It's actually on ebay at the moment, so.... make of that what you will. If it doesnt sell I wont relist it till I know if you want it or not.

after looking at the two pics here it doesn't look like i have a maf after all :/

SANY1621.jpg

SANY1620.jpg

Yeah. It had N16 hubs and N16 driveshafts, which kept popping out...

If you were to use N15 hubs, you could use the N15 shafts (which still have the support bracket for the driverside) to save fannying around trying to mate N16 CVs to N15 shafts...

i've been trying to get the truth about this for months and i was told that the driveshaft problem was just an incorrect/damaged gearbox seal causing oil loss :/

also the hubs on the N15 and N16 both have the same spline pattern for the outer cv's so wouldn't make any difference, plus n15gti and N16 PH1 QG18 share the exact same outer cv's ;)

also the hubs on the N15 and N16 both have the same spline pattern for the outer cv's so wouldn't make any difference, plus n15gti and N16 PH1 QG18 share the exact same outer cv's ;)

This is did not know.. why the FUNK would you use QG shafts (not designed for the SR) when the SR ones will fit??? How does his mind work...?!?!?

This is did not know.. why the FUNK would you use QG shafts (not designed for the SR) when the SR ones will fit??? How does his mind work...?!?!?

who knows mate, maybe the distance between the gearbox and the hub was better suited to the qg shafts? maybe he didn't have sr20 shafts sitting at the time, plus remember that yours was the first time he'd done the SR/N16 swap

hopefully i'll sort out any problems that arise and document it properly so anyone that follows this path has a good idea of what is in store for them

eddie it aint even made it up to us yet never mind getting the engine and shit out his car as it stands atm. plus we live in the north east of scotland so us making it to any dyno meets down there are slim to none considering we have one no more than 30 mins drive lol

after looking at the two pics here it doesn't look like i have a maf after all :/

Well if you want it you can have it for 40 quid and i'll pull it off Ebay, it is worth more but i think you'll have a hard time finding another, all the ones on Ebay are in the USA and aren't proper nissan ones.

Zorst... FYI on my old one which had a 4branch fannymould and catback, the SR20 fannymould bolted straight upto the catback. Of the aftermarket variety the overall mani/downpipe length are the same for QG and SR.

You got an aftermarket catback on the car?

Zorst... FYI on my old one which had a 4branch fannymould and catback, the SR20 fannymould bolted straight upto the catback. Of the aftermarket variety the overall mani/downpipe length are the same for QG and SR.

You got an aftermarket catback on the car?

he has the one of steven c's old red mera but that solves a problem we were trying to work out :)

well he has a full sr16 mani and downpipe all sitting and he is borrowing my cat or decat which ever one is avil till we get it all sorted out correctly but atm he has my old GTI still sitting to rip what ever crops up that will be needed

I dont think he will need a decat, as the N16 has the cat in the std manifold, so the downpipe joins straight onto the mid section.

Well if you want it you can have it for 40 quid and i'll pull it off Ebay, it is worth more but i think you'll have a hard time finding another, all the ones on Ebay are in the USA and aren't proper nissan ones.

That would be great! I'm out with the dog but i'll pm you my addy for postage calc and you can give me a total shipped and your pp addy. This looks to be a timely stroke of luck, lol

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

That would be great! I'm out with the dog but i'll pm you my addy for postage calc and you can give me a total shipped and your pp addy. This looks to be a timely stroke of luck, lol

cool, wont be more than about 3 quid to post i wouldnt have thought, it's pretty light. i'll PM you my details.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info liam, i know there is a stainless 2.5" centre section back on stevens old car but i'm not sure about the manifold, but i'll check next time i'm near it and if it has you have dibs mate ;) and i have an ebay manifold for the 16ve so i.was wondering how much modidication it would take to join the two, and i'll need a decat in the system once the 16ve is in, cause i'll need the space it occupies to put a cat in for mot time :)

Ok bud, dibs would be ace if theres one on it :)

Yeah i had a toyosports SR20 one fitted when the swap was done and this fitted exactly as the QG18 one did! As the n16s didnt have a seperate cat, you will probably need the centre section shortening to squeeze in a decat/cat, but i suppose that could be done later on if you are wanting to get the motor in and driving first :)

Back
Top Bottom