N16 SR20DE

Yeah it does need more low, but that can wait till next year, ive got more important things to spend £650 on!

And i dont think ill be selling em dude, it appears they could be from the factory, as the bead of glue along the top has been smoothed to the body and painted over. Unless its had a respray at some point in its life? So theres no way im pulling them fuckers off!

Ive not looked how the spoiler is on, but as it sits quite close to the edge of the bootlid, im guessing its just glued on.

Areet liam. It seems to be coming along nicely. The grey bump strips look miles better! I was gunna do that when i had it.

Anyway the reason i'm replying is about ths skirts. They are factory options and i had them refitted last year when i had the the front drivers side wing and rear quarter resprayed/repaired, bump strip on front bumper repaired on drivers side i think it was, petrol cap, rear bumper resprayed and a fee other things touched up but cant remember what off the top of my head. When i sold the car to mark it still had the original recipt for the car which included the bodykit in the folder. For the kit some 17's and some springs it was 1100 quid extra. If you want to know out else abour the car mate gis a text. My num is 07891603333. I done all the mods to it before mark got it apart from the kit and the leather trim which was done by the 1st and 2nd owners.

I'm not sure about that ed but it wasnt on the car when i bought it and also there was no. Te marks to say it had been removed at one point so i dont have a clue mate. I would of thought that it would of been included in the sale as it is part of the kit. There is a black one kicking about up here with the same kit on and that has the Apron on if that helps?

When i sold the car to mark it still had the original recipt for the car which included the bodykit in the folder.

Did this not outline what kit was with it then?

Just curious mate :) Seems odd not to have it, and it's a lovely item. Maybe previous accident in it's early life lost it.

No mate it doesnt say whoch kit it is. Nor does it mention what wheels or springs. But surely if liam gives his local dealer a bell or the dealer it was bought from new they wull be able to tell him?

Yer that is a possibilty ed. Come to think of it, it did have a slight rattle from behind the bumper.

Hello mate, thanks for the info, its much appreciated as it clears up alot of things!

i had them refitted last year when i had the the front drivers side wing and rear quarter resprayed/repaired, bump strip on front bumper repaired on drivers side i think it was, petrol cap, rear bumper resprayed.
But this ^ explains the laquer peel on the front and rear bumpers and fuel flap! I wouldnt go using that bodyshop again matey :lol:

Ive got the original sales reciept, but there is no mention of a rear valance/splitter on there so who knows if it came with one! But who cares, its QG18 time in a few hours WOOPWOOP!

There has been a couple of come backs to that body shop recently mate so i wasnt going to use it again anyway but cheers for letting me know. Ah cool mate. Hope you get it done quickly and problemlessly if thats a word. Lol

Reactions: IT
Went and bought a new soldering iron, went out the unit for the second time to see if knobhead had moved his truck, he hadnt. So i decided to fit the ph2s. Shouldnt have bothered really. They dont fit well atall, theres a massive gap under the passenger side one, the driverside is too tight to the bumper (grille side), neither sides sit flush with the wings so i had to cut down the rubber trim but they still dont sit right, the bumper is now sagging due to having to cut a mounting point off each side, the indicator bulb holders were different so i had to modify the light units and then to top the fucking lot, turned em all on, working fine, went in the unit to put the tools away, came back out and they had condensation inside GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Needless to say once ive painted the insides of the PH1s they will be going back on.

Not tinted, but painted inside like gti lights. Will look hot anyway dude but shame about the p2s. How did kingy get on with his? Odd cause the exterior shape is the same so no cutting or modding should be needed. Gap under lights can be sorted by adjusting valance but it sounds like more is afoot here...

-mobile phone post-

Well on the P1s there is a mounting bracket for the bumper under the indicators, this has to be cut off for the P2 units to fit in, thus causing the bumper to drop a little and the bumper needs a little trimming along the inside edge too. I shall have a go at lining the bumper up a little better after ive done the engine/crossmember, but it still doesnt hide the condensation which looks GASH :(

condensation will sort itself out with use mate as there is a breather hole, they probably only have condensation due to not being used for a while.

as for the fit there seems to be something up there, and although you need to bend the bumper mounting point back and cut the bit off the bumper you can still get them sitting perfect, you just need to adjust the bumper/lights bracket that's above the bumper bar :)

FrontQuart-1.jpg

post some pics up too see what like the are mate

Hmmm. So you dont need to cut the mounting point under the indicator off completely? Mine sit nothing like yours dude.

all i did with that bracket was bend it back, and take out the plastic insert and that made enough room for the light unit, like i said you might want to adjust the bumper/light bracket and also adjust the bumper bolt that's up inside the wheelarch as that helps hold it up too :)

Back
Top Bottom