Raceworx P2 GTi

I did 20 miles till my first oil change. Re the clutch issue you need one of sams brackets, or try removing the locking nut on the cable adjsuter to give you more threads to play with. Simple fix.

i did 50 before my first change, then another at 250

i have one of same brackets and the nut removed, it still bites low :( i'm blaming a non nissan clutch cable, will see when the lsd box goes back on with a nissan cable if it fixes it

i like the weight its just an inch to low you have to double de clutch to get into first!

im doing 150miles on mineral then going to 10w40 mobile 1..

I don't understand all you saying don't rev it to much after the rebuilt "bollax", hit the limiter if it's built properly it will be fine, every single engine iv rebuilt iv let it warm ur at a high idle, then given it a good rev, Iain I love your way of running it in, sounds like a true machanic, none of this fannying about, "oh I have to run it in to bed in the pistons" lol.

Top work mate, hope all goes well once it's remapped.

Daniel

i think it's the rings not the pistons that get bedded in :P

hit the limiter unmapped??? nice ;)

and not being funny it's all very well tryna denounce us as not proper mechanics, which im not, but far more experienced machanics than you would say to run it in a bit more gently than cane it from new, as would some say the opposite.

it's probably one of the most contentious points in engine building etc, theres schools of thought for both. I think racing it from the start is pointless personally, but so is doin 3million miles at 2k rpm, then up to 4k rpm etc

a happy medium imo, it's not mapped so theres no advantage in caning atm anyway, so i'd say keep it mixed, some full throttle, gradually build up the revs.

Canin it now, unmapped, will do more to harm it than anything

I don't understand all you saying don't rev it to much after the rebuilt "bollax", hit the limiter if it's built properly it will be fine, every single engine iv rebuilt iv let it warm ur at a high idle, then given it a good rev, Iain I love your way of running it in, sounds like a true machanic, none of this fannying about, "oh I have to run it in to bed in the pistons" lol.

Top work mate, hope all goes well once it's remapped.

Daniel

remind me never to buy a lexus if they need rebuilds often enough for you to be an expert...

We never had to rebuild any untill they brought out the is220, ever since then we have one in every other day, there are 4 techs at lexus and we all have one stripped at the mo, iv just built up mine with a new block and head, I enjoy doing them like, better than doing tyres and servicing all the time

I've always followed the motto, "run it in, the same way it will live it's life". I done a dozen low rpm 4th gear pulls up the rev range. (plenty of stress) haha

well i did the mixed driving doofa on both the VVL and the GTiR, they both still go very strongly and use no oil etc (touches wood for me and dan :lol: )

Well the vvl did use oil ;) but it's all gravy now tho after abit of work, still ya should
be proud of your first build, just like iain should be proud of this. Also iain top job on the write up, not many people do one, but yours was epic

well im off tomorrow so gona put some more miles on her fingers crossed.. but i tried to start her last night but wouldnt start.. i think the starter motor is fucked or the batery is falt.. shouldnt be as its new!!

you hear the solenoid click in the motor but it doesnt spin.. nothing just the click of the soleniod.. gona give it a hammering see if she comes unstuck..

The high compression will have the starter having to work harder.
Strip it clean it and regrease it. Did it to mine has been fine ever since (well over a year)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

mine starts piece of piss with the comp, i thought it'd have to try harder n i'd ,maybe hear it turn over slower but it seems to have made no difference at all

Back
Top Bottom