Raceworx P2 GTi

half happy half not.. had a call from andy at AET its making power but he carnt get rid of the speed limiter.. so he carnt map it properly.. he said on the phone it made 178WHP@7500RPM which is the speed limiter in 3rd gear.. going down tomorrow to pick her up and have a play with some settings see if we can work it out.. if not i need somthing like an apexi RSM and go back to finish the map off maybe get afew more toys. it seems in the ball park for now i guess

Awesome dude, apart from the speed limiter issue, id be very happy with those results.

2009-02-27-professor_farnsworth.jpg

good news everyone!

Well done mate, sounds like a nice healthy engine!

he says its abit rattly up top but thats the cam chain at 7500 rpm for you with the bonnet open.. need the limiter removing.. and a revisit see if we can break 180whp

he says its abit rattly up top but thats the cam chain at 7500 rpm for you with the bonnet open.. need the limiter removing.. and a revisit see if we can break 180whp

well if you are ever going back on a weekend give me a shout.

Sounds good! what ecu are ya using? Ve with daughterboard? Did he say much about the timing did it have to be retarded a lot on account of the comression?

SR16VE ecu with a piggyback dastec ECU dude.. he backed the timing of around the top of the low lobe 5Kish.. its not bad as i have dialled in some overlap.. fueling is fine all in the 12-13:1 ratio ill get proper figures tomorrow..

good stuff dude. nice one.

this just confirms my thoughts mine must be the speed limiter too, happens bang on 7.5k. which in turn makes me a little pissed that my car was apparently mapped to 8.5k by jez. Like to know how the speed limiter wasn't cutting in on the dyno but seems to on the road

anyway, nicely done boyo - should make a few more horses when it can rev higher if the header lets it carry on makin power up top

Good results Ian. That must have been what you were expecting.

good stuff dude. nice one.

this just confirms my thoughts mine must be the speed limiter too, happens bang on 7.5k. which in turn makes me a little pissed that my car was apparently mapped to 8.5k by jez. Like to know how the speed limiter wasn't cutting in on the dyno but seems to on the road

I had similar issues @ SRR. The limiter on the graph was showing at 6700-6800 although mine is set to 7300???

I`ve been in talks with Steve @ FC Tuning and he said the dyno obviously wasn`t calibrated properly to the engine. .....neither Ed or the dyno owner ( ? charles ) could explain the reason why.

Good results Ian. That must have been what you were expecting.

I had similar issues @ SRR. The limiter on the graph was showing at 6700-6800 although mine is set to 7300???

I`ve been in talks with Steve @ FC Tuning and he said the dyno obviously wasn`t calibrated properly to the engine. .....neither Ed or the dyno owner ( ? charles ) could explain the reason why.

hmmm, interesting cheers rowdy. That explains it, kind of!

Another reason while although i think jez's mapping seems ok i don't like SRR. For starters the graph i received only went to 8k when supposedly it had been extended to allow for mapping to 8.5k. Also, it shows power holding, and indeed still rising to this 8k line when on the road i can't get to 8k without the speed limiter acting like a brick wall.

tbf i'd be quite happy with those numbers as is, is there no easy way of removing the rpm cut on the ve ecu? i know a kph to mph can remove (well move) the speed limiter but what about the rpm?

can nistune do it?

tbf i'd be quite happy with those numbers as is, is there no easy way of removing the rpm cut on the ve ecu? i know a kph to mph can remove (well move) the speed limiter but what about the rpm?

can nistune do it?

its the speed limiter thats ian's problem isn't it not rpm? although yeh nistune can raise the rpm same as jez did on my de ecu

for the speed limiter i'm just gonna fit a converter before the ecu so it thinks it's at 180kph, when it'll actually be 180mph

if it is a speed limiter and not rpm then a second gear run on the rollers would easily have gotten to 8500rpm but as we all know which gear used on the rollers skews the numbers considerably. i just thought it was rpm as you were both stonewalled at 7500rpm

nah mine's revved to 9k in 2nd on the road lol, seems to be speed. Like you say though they don't tend to map in lower than 4th, maybe 3rd normally do they

right iv been at AET all day messing with the car with andy.. we were unable to get the speed limiter to dissable.. spent ages scopping chopping and splicing but to no avail..

iv got the graphs of afr and power but no scanner at emmas.. so ill put them up tomorrow..

im alittle diaspointed if im honest.. i think the newman cams are way off being degreed right on the high lobes.. as once the cams kick in rather than a nice raw you get a flat spot and no noise the flat spot is couple with a 20BHP!!! loss shes making 130bhp at 5500rpm that drops to 119 when the cams switch.. no amount of messing with ign or fuel will pull any back.. and the high lobes just feel flat.. hard to describe but she just feels dull on the high cams..

so i need to loose the speed limiter get some official n1's for back to back testing and some other bits.. im sure theres 180-190whp to be found with some fettling..

but i carnt thank andy enough we were working on it from 10am till 4 and he only charged for an hours dyno time..

is that 130bhp or whp at 5500rpm?

shame about the cams man :( so when they switch they suck but at high rpms make power? is there a seriously dramatic jump in the graph then?

thats what i call service though, mapping for that long etc

Back
Top Bottom