Raceworx P2 GTi

the mapping is fine.. the lean AFR's are 4th gear at below 3K with zero det anyway.. the car pulls great in the low RPM's.. its this lack of power on untested cams at the top end thats the problem.. the engies now on 340miles.. and 17 dyno pulls..

its a unichipQ and having spent 6hours messing with the damn thing getting access to stuf only dealers should and even chatting to the guy at unichip HQ its just not adjustable enough to cope with a 1.6 ECU runnign a high compression high cammed 2.0 lol

ah well its not far off, must be the cams - but again odd it makes 175 if they're off

kinda thankful i didn't let stu talk me in to dastek now :P like you say maybe not enough scope/resolution for stuff like this

what about the guy in greece that can do nistune compatable daugterboards in vvl ecu's? that may end up less expensive in comparison to your other options?

also i would get a set of calipers onto craigs N1's just to compare your own against, at least then you will know one way or the other about the cams

unichip is better than an e-manage the e-manage has avery small resolution i was privy to the grid on the dastec and its alot better than the e-manage twice 3 times the load sites to map on than an e-manage.. its just the amount of adjustability that you have. the e-manage is only +/-5% the dastec is more but still not ..

happy its not the lift its the cams centerline that is incorrect.. which is why it makes 175hp but its not making it in the correct place and its making such a huge dip in power.. i could maybe use these cams with a higher rev limit and switching them later..

Why not use the kem50aa powerland daughterboard no need for a switching device then save money and can still be mapped with nistune software? Thats what vas was using!

its not a live map you need to burn chips dont you? then re instal ect.. which is alot of dyno time and messing and at £100 an hour dyno time adds up quick|

^^^ Yeah your right there i'm sure if you bought a board off bill he would give you a copy of vas' map then it wouldn't take long to fine tune from there I think? Takes maybe 2.5 weeks to get stuff over from him tho usually.

its not a live map you need to burn chips dont you? then re instal ect.. which is alot of dyno time and messing and at £100 an hour dyno time adds up quick|

You can live map them if you use emulators... Most tuners will have them.
Also Bill is very helpful if you buy bits through him.

As said by Paul he will supply you with a Base map which would get you started

right N1 cams are orderd.. aswell as an RPM window switch.. old loom is off the DE and i have a spare ecu to practice soldering on also got a LC-1 wideband ready to be fitted for mapping fun..

Changed the oil last week at 500 miles.. didn't seem to have burnt any! which was nice.. been to phills today and had a nice box added and the manifold downpipe shorted 15mm the exhaust is now super snug, abit quieter and doesnt knock!

so plans are to wait for the cams and switch.. order the nisstune board.. il then add the LC-1 wiring to the old loom, then i will swap the loom and the cams in one go on a weekend.. wire in the switch and steal a base map from somewhere.. (ahem Kurt pritty plz plz) then its back up to AET for a full throttle map and power readout..

just a single sumit racing switch i want them switching at the same time anyway :P.. but it may be lost in the post.. the tracking hasnt changed in 10days :( so it looks like its gone walkies..

ill not say anything yet steve ill wait and see.. :D

so i had some luck but also having some electrical problems.. i got 2 RPM switches for the price of 1 due to US postal services messing up..

but the car keeps cutting out when its wet.. the RPM Guage looses signal and the car stalls sometimes it springs back into life but somtimes like last night it doesnt.. and i have to get towed.. then this morning she started first time again as usuall..

i think the VE distirbuter is fucked.. causung the RPM signal to drop and stoping the ECU giving ign signals as it carnt see an RPM.. so im having to speed up getting a nistune.

unless anyone else has any ideas?

Well car is up on stands again engine loom is off i have a nistune board to solder into the old ECU, N1 cams, 2 RPM switches LC-1 wideband.. and the softwear for the nistune and wideband on my laptop..

i also fited a towing eye.. luckily it pokes out where the passenger brake duct is so no bumper cutting needed :D

plan is to so some soldering today.. rip the VE wiring loom of its VVL switch wiring attach the LC1 wiring to the loom and run it all neatly so it looks OEM then refit the wiring and see if we can get a tune on her and see if that solves the cutting out problem :D

Sounding good mate. Be interesting to see how this works with the RPM switches. Is the nistune software easy to get hold of or do you have to know a guy?

Back
Top Bottom