Red Nemesis Dog: Pulsar Autech

i had my almera at racing line and wen i went back to pick it up the front bumper was off on the drives side corner and it was cracked where the phase1 splitter and the smooth bits on my old bumper [the one i sold fossil fuels]wouldent go back there again.

same thing happened to me with the GTi at longlife exhausts in Leeds when I went to get the cat made and fitted - I have to say with these low body kits or if the cars lowered it does probably pay to hang around at these places and give 'guidance' when they're getting them on the ramps - i left the car at longlife and only noticed when I got home. They do seem to assume that because its not an evo/scooby/porsche etc that its a normal car - maybe i'm being too charitable. either way its not good.

same thing happened to me with the GTi at longlife exhausts in Leeds when I went to get the cat made and fitted - I have to say with these low body kits or if the cars lowered it does probably pay to hang around at these places and give 'guidance' when they're getting them on the ramps - i left the car at longlife and only noticed when I got home. They do seem to assume that because its not an evo/scooby/porsche etc that its a normal car - maybe i'm being too charitable. either way its not good.

i no wot you mean mate,wen i dropped my car off i put 15pound petrol in it and wen i picked it up it was bone dry wouldent start so i asked him where it had gone and just shrugged,so wen i asked for money for fuel he empted a evos tank and put about 5 fives worth in mine,there a joke

i no wot you mean mate,wen i dropped my car off i put 15pound petrol in it and wen i picked it up it was bone dry wouldent start so i asked him where it had gone and just shrugged,so wen i asked for money for fuel he empted a evos tank and put about 5 fives worth in mine,there a joke

Got to say - I dealt with Matt and my experience of Racing Line was excellent - he was really interested in the car, it was a diagnostic run, so in principle he didn't have to find that extra power there and then, he could have booked me back in for a £400 tune, but he sorted it. Too bad you had that experience, but its in again to get some gas shocks on the back on Wednesday, so if my rating goes down from 5 star I'll let everyone know.

Some photos just after we bought it:

merlin1.jpg

merlin2.jpg

Yeah all japanese ones have smooth wings as they should have bulge indicators (This one doesnt - previous owner snapped the clips on the orange bulge ones and threw them out!)

just fitted a new set of KYB Exel G-shocks to rear - ride quality much improved as it was bouncing a bit on corners at speed - now drives as if its on rails round the corners - all good.

Just went for a blast and I hadn't noticed after the timing was altered that the tickover has lifted from 800 to 1000 revs - Could anyone advise on how to reset it to 800 please??

there is a plug on the back of the throttle body, unplug that with the engine running and see what the revs rise too..

then there is a little adjustment screw on the left side of the inlet near the oil filter, its a bitch to find, mine had a bundle of wires over it so I kept missing it

there is a plug on the back of the throttle body, unplug that with the engine running and see what the revs rise too..

then there is a little adjustment screw on the left side of the inlet near the oil filter, its a bitch to find, mine had a bundle of wires over it so I kept missing it

thanks Sam

fuel filter changed this weekend, Idle back to 750-800 (thanks again Sam & Corbs) Red Rocker Cover fitted (thanks Corbs)

corcover.jpg

Took it for a 90 mile round trip to Doncaster last night - it rocks - linear power delivery that just keeps giving - unbelievable and it sticks to the road.

Back
Top Bottom