Ross Autech

If I were you I'd source a non-spoiler tailgate and get holes drilled in that for the N1 spoiler. Easiest route imo.

Yeah as corbs said, ive got a mint silver tailgate without spoiler. so im gonna knock out the filler on the autech tailgate to get the dimensions of the holes for the autech spoiler and drill into the non spoiler tailgate.

Unfortunately im extremely pissed off with it now...

changed the starter tonight with my rebuilt one off the GX's original engine. its mint and turns over perfectly.

but thats all it does. doesnt start. just floods itself and backfires and generally makes a smell.

tried jumping it, bumping it, the battery is fully charged, new spark plugs, cleared the excess fuel and it just floods again.

FUCKING THING... :hammer:

Hmm, if its flooding....maybe try disconnecting the fuel pump fuse, crank it over until it starts, then when it fires up and is running, quickly install the the fuel pump fuse. Then try and keep it running!

Hmm, if its flooding....maybe try disconnecting the fuel pump fuse, crank it over until it starts, then when it fires up and is running, quickly install the the fuel pump fuse. Then try and keep it running!

yeah tried this, all it does is backfire violently until it burns up all the fuel.

removed the plugs and burnt out the fuel with a gas turbo lighter thing to clear it out but it just floods again.

what i dont get is i started it on friday, it ran, then ran out of petrol. put petrol in it and it wont start now...

my theorem of pushing the arse out put into practice

IMG_0462.jpg

Epic win fix!!
Good job bro.
Joe

you do understand how aerofoils interact with the air when moving don't you?

lol.
I don't think any of us here have a degree in Aerospace Engineering - so I'm going to say.... No - we could never understand that stuff fully. And no, reading the Wikipedia definition does not count for understanding it.
Joe

well fortunately it's very simple in the realms of understanding why a spoiler which is designed for downforce will fly off if the mountings let loose, you don't need a degree a child could understand the principle

jeez again with the insults!!!!

we're not all thicko's who need to read the bullshit on wiki to understand things :wacko: :tt2:

i can understand eddies comment to be honest. As it gives downforce it must be in the air flow, therefore if the mounts are loose, there is a lot of air pressure acting against it.

well fortunately it's very simple in the realms of understanding why a spoiler which is designed for downforce will fly off if the mountings let loose, you don't need a degree a child could understand the principle

jeez again with the insults!!!!

we're not all thicko's who need to read the bullshit on wiki to understand things :wacko: :tt2:

I did not Insult you before.
You insulted somebody else.

Now I am going to insult you though - You need to get off your high horse.
This is supposed to be a friendly owners club, there was no need to post that reply.
You do not have a degree in Aerospace Engineering, So until you do - I suggest you don't act like an expert in the field.
Your posts just make you look like a keyboard warrior - not a nice person at all.

We all have interests in how things work. Thats the way a car enthusiast's mind works.
I just keep mine to myself.
I'm never going to fully understand Aerodynamics, therefore I do not have the right to lay the shutdown on others.
Hope you don't take this the wrong way.
Joe

Corbs has had all these issues lol so he's your man.
If his instructions fail, go back to the old faithful test schedule, Fuel, Spark, Compression etc. Obviously you've already checked its got Fuel/Spark so a comp. test is next maybe?
(not that I can see there being an issue with comp as its recently been running good.)
Joe

yeh sorry ross but....

I did not Insult you before.
You insulted somebody else.

Now I am going to insult you though - You need to get off your high horse.
This is supposed to be a friendly owners club, there was no need to post that reply.
You do not have a degree in Aerospace Engineering, So until you do - I suggest you don't act like an expert in the field.
Your posts just make you look like a keyboard warrior - not a nice person at all.

We all have interests in how things work. Thats the way a car enthusiast's mind works.
I just keep mine to myself.
I'm never going to fully understand Aerodynamics, therefore I do not have the right to lay the shutdown on others.
Hope you don't take this the wrong way.
Joe

woah joe you on the blob?! :p

i'm with happyharry i don't think he was being warriory just pointing out the obvious, seems pretty simple that a loose spoiler would fly off lol, what with all the air rushin over and below it! don't need an innate understanding of aerodynamics to see that so i don't think anyone was tryna be an armchair f1 tech expert!

Annnyyywwaaayyyyyy, ross

i'm with corbs on timing, but when you say its not sparking or fuelling?! i thought it was flooding?

so it is fuelling but not sparking at all?

Corbs has had all these issues lol so he's your man.
If his instructions fail, go back to the old faithful test schedule, Fuel, Spark, Compression etc. Obviously you've already checked its got Fuel/Spark so a comp. test is next maybe?
(not that I can see there being an issue with comp as its recently been running good.)
Joe

yup ill play with the dizzy tonight.

never done a comp test before but there is a tester in the garage, ill give it a bash

im tempted to see if i can rewire a GTi dizzy to fit. i cant see it being much different other than the plugs on them...

ill fit a set of stock HT leads as well and get it plugged into the laptop

doing my head in now...

craig, i DO have spark and fuel.

Back
Top Bottom