Ross Autech

What do you have it down on insurance as?

Almera GTi import.

So putting the crash behind me. the car has officially been written off now, its ran out of tax, and its under a foot of snow just now and i dont foresee it being on the road till christmas at the earliest.

so plans.

Push out rear panel
Apply for a VIC inspection
Fit autech spoiler
Alloy Radiator (it currently has a GA radiator for some reason...)
Get skirts repaired and fitted
full respray with insurance money.

redevelopment is pushing on.

but i miss driving :(

Its got poly arb drop link bushes and arb bushes already. I think the radiator is wrong after the front end repair it had some time in 2001, which is when it lost the autech bumper

Its got poly arb drop link bushes and arb bushes already. I think the radiator is wrong after the front end repair it had some time in 2001, which is when it lost the autech bumper

ya i noticed the arb bushes when i was replacing the CV boot.

it doesnt look like its had a front ender, musta been repaired well.

im still swinging on the fence whether to get an autech bumper or not... it'd probly last 5 minutes...

Very glad you arent put off and still keen as ever.

Ive never had a problem with my Autech front bumper. It will only give you problems if you run very low, same as a kitted GTi.

If you are considering an Autech front end and want good arch gap/lowness too, then id reccomend stepping up to 16 or 17" wheels to give that little extra clearance. I think the bigger wheels look better with the kit too.

its gonna be run at the same height as the GX was at shakies, which isnt REALLY low.

but im fitting gen 2 daiyama mounts to ensure that if i wanna, i can go higher.

right. spent the afternoon freezing my fucking balls off...

how far ze panel is oot.

IMG_0461.jpg

my theorem of pushing the arse out put into practice

IMG_0462.jpg

i then proceeded to bash out all the creases with a hammer and blocks of wood

gotta love that alignment:

IMG_0463.jpg

so this point the jack is still in place, and if i let the pressure off, it springs back. so i went to work with a blowtorch, heating the rear panel to try and induce some memory into the metal.

relesed the jack and closed the boot... still not quite latching... adjusted the latch in the rear panel and we have touchdown.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

FLUSH

thanks for reading. next up. VIC. which i have to drive to fucking glasgow for...

Shame you have to do a VIC test and a new mot..

Sometimes insurers also want more for insurance damage recorded cars

Otherwise you would HAVE been quids in

Nice work Ross, at least the car is fixed for free and you got some money for it. How much does the MOT and VIC cost?

as far as I know, it being declared a write-off invalidates the MOT, as the MOT is a certificate of roadworthiness. IIRC a VIC includes an MOT too.

Again, could be talking out of my arse.

My insurance company said if i was to drive the car again on the existing policy needed new MOT.. might HAVE just been my insurance company though

Back
Top Bottom