Ross Autech

rossautech2volkbrnz.jpg

thanks to EDK for the photoshop.

i think the bronze works. ive been battling between white and black but i think bronze just wins.

opinions welcome as i am really still on the fence

White looks hot, black looks hot but looses definition. Bronze looks hot but is a bit different in the Almera scene. Bronze is the way forward, and this bronze too with maybe a touch less saturation :thumb: My SSRs may find themselves going the same way for the summer.

Difficult angle to decide in that picture, don't think it's that good really, but side on might be different.

http://img176.imageshack.us/i/scion.jpg/

Black with a silver rim like that looks good I think. Black alone is boring. I don't think white goes with light colours. IMO wheels and body should contrast, i.e why black on black looks boring.

White looks hot, black looks hot but looses definition. Bronze looks hot but is a bit different in the Almera scene. Bronze is the way forward, and this bronze too with maybe a touch less saturation :thumb: My SSRs may find themselves going the same way for the summer.

i think im just gonna have to take the plunge eh :eek:

I tried black with a silver stripe. It was nice but looked dated and cheap not long after.

pe_rr_001.jpg

pe_rr_002.jpg

Bronze my friend, do it! Will it be a DIY job? I'd definitely try it if it is, not much to loose. If you're paying for it... well if it were me I'd still go for it because I think it will work well!

I tried black with a silver stripe. It was nice but looked dated and cheap not long after.

pe_rr_001.jpg

pe_rr_002.jpg

Bronze my friend, do it! Will it be a DIY job? I'd definitely try it if it is, not much to loose. If you're paying for it... well if it were me I'd still go for it because I think it will work well!

its gonna be a pro job. powder coated. hence why im on the fence. its £200 at the end of the day so i wanna get it right first time.

dark graphite / gunmetal is another option...

but the bronze keeps coming back...

bronze is win. /end

i've always had and love bronze rims on a bs7 and white car, and my bronze grids and slips look awesome on girths silver car.

bronze is perfikkk, it's not flashy like gold, not dull and as ed says loses definition like black, and it's a bit meaner than white.

will look the titties

The trick is to get the bronze the right shade. Some copper bronzes can be a bit in your face and some are too gold, but the Volk/Rota bronze is perfect. To the point where if you had any less yellow/orange in the paint it would be gunmetal. That's ideal. Subtle.

The trick is to get the bronze the right shade. Some copper bronzes can be a bit in your face and some are too gold, but the Volk/Rota bronze is perfect. To the point where if you had any less yellow/orange in the paint it would be gunmetal. That's ideal. Subtle.

correct.

fortunately the place im going has a wide variety of choice and swatches. :D

I don't think Eddie's shade was quite right though, it's difficult so be careful. Why not do some testing yourself Ross with cheap stuff and see which is best, then pay for the pro?

Or would all the layers fuck the overall finish up?

Yeah they will be shot blasted. I cba diying them. Too cold for spraying. I think im set on the colour. Wheel spacers are ordered. Coming together nicely :)

I don't think Eddie's shade was quite right though, it's difficult so be careful. Why not do some testing yourself Ross with cheap stuff and see which is best, then pay for the pro?

Or would all the layers fuck the overall finish up?

I was in for getting volk bronze but the alloy wheel company I dealt with only did the colour's they had from their colour chart as it was only a cheap £100 job. The hue had too much red in for a bronze and was abit in yer face I liked them... but after wasn't impressed with the quality of a £100 apparently pro paintjob. Seems you have to pay top dollar, hopefully place Ross goes to he can hand them a paint colour code aka Volk bronze and they can do them.

Bronze is indeed a no brainer

Back
Top Bottom