Sams VZ-R N1

Not going for the sleeper look then! Nice work mate. I would have prefered a brighter green if you were going green but still looks great. Sits well. Well jeal'.

you have no idea how long I was going backwards and forward between white and green, white powdercoat ALWAYS discolours after a while and are shit unless they are clean, atleast with these they will look better more of the time.

pictures do not capture the colour at all.

Sam blatantly took his wheelbarrow into the powder coater for a colour match...

Looks every bit as good as i thought they would, perfect!

Wheelbarrow (Takata) green FTW

IMG_0039-1.jpg

Fuck Yes!!

Oil change yesterday seeing as I havnt done it since getting the car, not knowing what was in the car Ive put some semi synth in for now, will go full synth later on.

Bits

Pitwork Oil Filter
Driftworks Magnetic Sump Plug
Millers Semi Synth 10w40

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Probably no different to the GTi filter but it only cost like £2 more...

IMG_0051.jpg

Picks up some heavy things this :)

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

now the oil I dropped out was bright red and incredibly thin, near enough like water so glad Ive changed it.

It took 4 litres of oil exactly to sit on the max level of the dipstick.

yup the parts department of my local dealer of all places :)

took the exact same filter off too

sooooo...

Gauges are in

IMG_0001-2.jpg

and I fitted the rear engine mount today and the shifter bushes, and removed the front ARB, found some differences with certain things too, the ARB is 26mm instead of 28mm but it looks different to any ARB Ive seen before.

IMG_0005-2.jpg

N1 rear engine mount bolts to the brace with 3 bolts instead of 2 with reinforcing on the bolt holes.

IMG_0002-2.jpg

IMG_0003-2.jpg

IMG_0004-2.jpg

and the shifter stabiliser bar off the N1 is a larger diameter than a GTi's

IMG_0006-2.jpg

N1

IMG_0007.jpg

GTi

IMG_0008.jpg

and the difference a shortshifter makes

Stock

IMG_0009-1.jpg

Shortshifter

IMG_0010.jpg

Also this is something thats annoyed me on ever car Ive had.

Before

IMG_0011.jpg

After

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

and in

IMG_0014.jpg

I LOVE SHIFTER BUSHES!! feels so good now :)

mr anal strikes again, awesome stuff

this is why it's ridiculous the tech hasn't sold yet and anyone would have doubts about it. every little detail spot on as always.

Ive got poly front and rear now, I had the mounts already pressed in so all I have done is swapped them over on the engine brace :)

I think the rear mount had been replaced at some point as its still in very good condition, most of them are in fact.

can't remember if it was steves vz-r or my n14 brace, pretty sure it was steves vzr that had the 3 bolt rear mount thing when we had it off.

clearly an extra measure they put in for the increased revs and powahz of the vvl :tongue:

comparing the brace to the one from the autech it is alot beefier and has alot more strengthening parts on it

Back
Top Bottom