Sams VZ-R N1

maybe the N1 has a smaller tank...

hmm would be interesting to find out...though also as a comparison, as I've done the same journey with the VZR I had and the GTI+T, the amount of fuel I use and when I refuel is usually around the same, so would lean on the side of the tanks being of the same size..

I put near enough the same amount in from empty with the N1 as I did with the Autech.

its quite happily staying around 3/4 of a tank now..... done about 50k with aircon on and a little vvl and its barely moved....

Changed the sender and put the Walbro pump in whilst I was in there, theres a butt tonne of fuel in the tank looks way more than 3/4, when I turned the ignition on the needle did go up a bit....

boy does it feel better now with the walbro in :)

feels alot more eager, looks to be using fuel quite a bit but the ecu I reckon needs to work out more fuel is being pumped through.

Have just fitted rear beam bushes, and put in one of those adjustable rear links whilst I was there. Also think Ive solved the issue of rapid fuel use :P not bad for a few hours work.

had an issue creating a huge vacuum in the tank a little while ago and from what I could see it had broken the seal on the filler pipe, so I have tightened up the clamp which was surprisingly loose, if this doesnt help I will remove and reseat the pipe then redo the clamp :)

surely the pump can pump as much fuel as it wants up the set fpr's and then its the same pressure in the rail? good work on the rest though

surely the pump can pump as much fuel as it wants up the set fpr's and then its the same pressure in the rail? good work on the rest though

I've read that the big Walbro's can over-pressurise the rail as it's flowing THAT much fuel, but I don't think anyone in an N15 has ever had an issue.

I got the 190lph pump to be safe, but other are running 255's ok.

on the autech when first priming the engine you could hear the fpr gurgle. the VE doesnt make a peep

I've read that the big Walbro's can over-pressurise the rail as it's flowing THAT much fuel, but I don't think anyone in an N15 has ever had an issue.

fuel pressure regulator surely has the final say and bleeds off the excess in a nano sec surely? i do understand your point though as with common rail dervs, tech towards the hp pumps have led to increased pressure pumps/injectors to aid the control of the fuel delivery. thus more powers and improved mpg, fcuking oil burners lol

More Internet rubbish then!

I have a Walbro HP 255 LPH pump, which feeds a Bosch -044 pump, on stock fuel lines, stock filter, stock rail, FSE regulator!

Never had an issue!

don't see why you'd have any issues, prolly helping the FPRs that we hardly ever change even though they on there since the car left the factory..

new additions, its been a long while since I hit the rev limiter in 4th :P

IMAG1019.jpg

and

IMAG1010.jpg

IMAG1011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom