Sams VZ-R N1

Some nice pictures there :) , look forward to some information mind. Its like going on jap car blogs you see pretty pictures but don't know much else other than ones own limited interpretation.

Some nice pictures there :) , look forward to some information mind. Its like going on jap car blogs you see pretty pictures but don't know much else other than ones own limited interpretation.

Yeah I mean aren't people like that such scumbags, they do all their own work and research in vehicle setup, exhaust design and engine tuning and don't give out all their best findings so any Joe Bloggs can just copy them.

Car looks awesome Sam, looked great at japfest. It's much faster than I was expecting too ha

Cheers Ben, yours is no slouch!

The amount of hours put in to researching things, spending money trialling bits (subframe collars for one) then having them not fit untill I was happy with them,

the gearstick again took ages machining, trial fit, more machining, trial fit, MORE machining and its in, but it still needs another tweek.

I'm willing to put in work like this to have unique parts some of which I can share, some which others just won't pay for if I was to replicate it.

In reality it cost me about £150. Outright yeah they aren't cheap, but no cheaper than a previous manifold I brought over from the state's after customs.

He increased his pricing shortly after quoting me so I've saved money there vs what he is charging now.

With the engine build I am not chasing peak figures, I want it to be a midrange monster where the majority of my driving will be done, hence no 3" exhaust.

This is a good 2.5" Rowdys proves you don't need 3" with a well spec'd engine, sure he could probably make more peak with a bigger exhaust but his useable power could move further up the revs, plus I'm done with the noise.

251966_10151887673325711_1708963667_n.jpg

yup

Ryan's handy work?

Yeah, and if you are still planning to use your megaphone design I suggest you do a lot more reading on them.

You lose all benefit when running one in a normal length exhaust, they are purely suited to drag builds with the shortest exhaust run possible, ie the megaphone is the exit.

What coating is that Sam? I may be going custom in the future and have been looking into different coatings. Ceramic is the best I think but quite expensive.

its just the stainless at the moment, I have been looking into it recently though.

My preference would be to have just the inside of the manifold done though .

The passenger door had been acting odd for a while, not locking properly, then randomly one day refusing to open/lock at all.

Removed the mechanism from the door and noted that a black plastic peg had snapped, tried fixing with an assortment of bolts/screws/washers, but conceded defeat.

Looking at diagrams on nissan 4 u noted that 5 door ones looked the same, so went and got one from a scrap yard, fitted it but it was obviously slightly different and wouldnt unlock.

So chopped it up with a grinder and removed one of the unbroken pegs, put that back into mine and fixed it reet good.

This broke

IMAG1108_zps7069106a.jpg

Broke the left one fixed the right one (they are different)

IMAG1112_zps41507dfc.jpg

They meowed

IMAG1109_zpscd1104c1.jpg

he barked

IMAG1116_zpsf2185708.jpg

then cleaned my wheels

IMAG1134_zps666b2699.jpg

IMAG1135_zpsca8909c7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom