Sams VZ-R N1

its only a DAS-6 used some menerza polishes, Ive had it ages, the Autech got a full machining before JAE.

literally spent 10 mins on it, one pass with a compound pad and another with a finishing pad then some wax.

Ive got the whole weekend hopefully to spend some proper time on it, should make a dent on what I want to get done.

Yeah the jdm ones are kh3 aswell. Looks slick as man keep at it and get someone with a very good camera to take a few semi pro pics of it.

well theres been talk of a group mag feature so I need to make it stand out a bit :P

with these quick passes Ive probably achieved an 80% correction, even managed to get rid of some light scratches that were ontop of the wing, so Im hoping with some proper time itl come up an absolute treat :)

I learned the dark arts of detailing back when I had the green car, skillz have just laid dormant until I found something worthy.

Just refitted my Nardi wheel with a new boss kit, this one has retained auto cancel and gave me two adapters one for the horn and the other to turn off the airbag light ;)

I put my multimeter on it and it came up with a resistance of 0.59ohms even though it had 2.0 ohms stamped on it...

got a titanium gearnob too weighs 20grams compared to the nismo's 120grams :P

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Theyre some of the bits im waiting on man, soon as i have em theyre yours, which reminds me, ive to get on to docco to make sure he sent them

So Ive got the bonnet done now, not as good as I would like but Im at the point where to get it any better is to have a respray on it.

Probably the worst Ive worked on personally, but its come up quite well.

Since I bought the car there has been some marks on the wing and bonnet, described as lacquer peel I had taken no real notice of it until yesterday its infact white paint which had been splashed over the car.... then badly covered with touch up paint instead of just removing the white stuff...

Looked like this

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

and on the paintwork

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

I managed to remove this with some thinners on a microfibre cloth, it made a bit of a mess of the paint but all marks have been removed now.

you can see the clarity in the paint is basically non existent so this morning I got the bonnet off and up in the garage.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

pretty grim

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0004-1.jpg

this 50/50 is after one pass with the machine

IMG_0006-1.jpg

you can still see light swirls on the polished bit these were removed with the follwing pass.

applied 2 coats of Victoria Collectors wax, by hand aswell had always used applicators before but figured I would see how it went.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

buffed off

IMG_0009.jpg

and back on the car :)

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

bit more clarity now

IMG_0019.jpg

Love the work and attention to detail oh and the footy trophy a nice touch also...

I so need to get to work on mine oh well am sure I will before Japfest?

proper detailing right thur, good stuff mate

close to show n shine in the sliver car with no effort, now a black car and some proper work into it......easy this year then ;) take more than davids manic over cleaning to beat this methinks :P :lol:

Back
Top Bottom