Simcards Autechish GTi+T

Brendan thought he bought two vzr boxes, 1 turned out not be be a vzr. He's now sourced another and is waiting for it then sending them over here. 1 is for ragt20, the other myself. Bit of an arse but no one to blame.

Although thats an extra dip in your cuppa for you come JAE 09!

rofl.gif

Whoa that looks fantastic!! I always wanted to see what an Autech would look like with an intercooler. Very nice work mate i'll have to come to a meet and see how my old baby looks in the flesh. And to think someone was going to break it!

as already said, looks great man.

mapping went a bit tits up :( i'll let sim will explain

I dont want to :( lol.

Well lets start at the beginning....

3.30am - Set off to Dastek in Dabgleberry bay
7.30am - Arrive, pop the hood and connect the last bit of IC pipework.
8.30am - hand over the keys and go to the station to spend the day in Edinburgh
2 pm - Receive a phone call saying that it'd be recommended that i purchase the new chip at over £650, i smell a bit of a rat as i know the chip i supplied would do but think "fuck it, i'm here once and once only, lets do it"
4.30pm - Arrive back at Dastek, sit around for an hour or so.
5.30pm - I'm told that they've had lots of electrical problems with all the dyno equipment due to some poorly installed ramps elsewhere.
6.30pm - I'm asked if my car is an import. Nope
7pm - Told that they can't get my car to fuel more on full throttle, they can dump as much as they can at part, just not throttle. They thought the injectors might be maxed out but i explain that they came off a 300bhp 200sx.
7.30pm Still no luck, they can't get around the ECU not allowing the adding of more fuel on full throttle. They reckon some sort of devise that would widen/lenghten the injector rate would do the trick.... but they dont have one in stock (your supposed to be the dogs dangles ffs).
8pm - we give up, i re-install my N/A set-up on the fore court and i set off home.

The whole thing felt very fishy, like they were covering for something, i just got the sense i wasn't being told the whole truth. But these guys do this all day long so i'm sure it must've been something with the Almera ECU.

Its going to Horsham on Thursday. See if they can do better.

It's not very nice to drive with the turbo on and N/A. Feels slower and its easily stalled.

Wheels are getting a bit of spandau treatment in the middle.
Like i've said before, the car's solid. It's major flaws are the fubar D/S door and the cancer on the arches.

Fingers crossed again for Thursday and like i said in the Q&A thread, if anyone can put me and a friend up on weds night on the way there, it'd be a big help. Fife and back in one day nearly killed me.

Gutted for you Mark :( Would be very interested to know what was the cause. I know Stufa got his done there when it was N/A and I was planning to head up there myself :S

Need somewhere to stay before you head back? I'll talk to my rents if so as Horhsam Dev is only 50 min away from me and there's space to kip at mine dude if you need.

Cheers dude, have a word. I don't know enough about mapping, perhaps the standard MAF maxed out and they missed it?

I phoned up and they said they'd ring back but never did. When a company turns down £500 in a recession they can get fooked if they think i'm going to chase them.

Back
Top Bottom