Steves VZ-R

Massive thank you to Sam, for tempting, and proceeding to convince me to empty my bank account

1. Bought some of the lightest wheels I've had, 14kg each including tyres. 15x7" gorgeous Buddy Club P1's. Yes i know needs rear spacers, work in progress. Best bit are the front tyres ... YOKOHAMA NEOVA AD07, super sticky barely legal street tyres (which someone has dibs on if i get new toyos)

2. Round about the same time bought the seats off Sam's mate at Shakeys, from a Honda Accord type-r, bit high, but much more practical, super comfortable and supportive

Tell me your opinions please peeps :)

Piccies to prove I'm not lying :lol:

Buddy Club P1s SF
IMAG0705.jpg

Honda Accord Recaros
IMAG0717.jpg

Steve

cool mods mate! i like it!! :clap:

Can't express how happy with the car i am at the moment, super comfortable and accelerates quicker, 70mph uses less revs too, around 3550 (i know not accurate but closest i have).
Although through less road noise with the 55s, i now notice the wheel bearings need changing

Look pretty good to me - how about a full-on sideshot to show off the wheels better ? :)

IMAG0723.jpg

Steve

You must be getting old. Mine feels soft ( to me ) on anything less than virtually full damping and 40 profile tyres!

Thanks peeps, I do agree :)

they look identical, got me wondering now :( ... stickers are easy to obtain

Had to look into it, the p1s have kosei aluminium, and buddy club on the manufacturer sticker inside ... some on the internet are saying buddy club buy them from kosei and put the p1 stickers on ... not really sure, but they look good so whatever :lol:

Steve

I don't think anybody cares, but got an email back from some guy at buddy club, said they are genuine which has made me a happy lad ;) apparently they are the original p1 racing wheels. Only now sold in aus in 17s

Also strange/sneaky that the address for buddy club UK is the same as Ultralite UK. Pretty sure it is the exact same wheel just with a different and stickers
Both come from the kosei aluminium company in Japan, and both are ~14kg with tyres :P

Steve

You any ideas what your alloys weigh on their own, 5.35kg's to beat yo :chinese:

Just wondering you got poly engine mounts in yet? any plans for spacers? ;)

Back
Top Bottom