th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

so what was the problem leigh? sorry if ive missed the reason already :)
This is obviously something to sort out before JAE and after a little research on the other forums it's one of either three things.

1) One/More sensors is loose/rotting away most likely on the engine bay side of the loom.

2) Defective Motec, there's no reason why this particular ECU should forget anything unless the Optima went flat for a while (unlikely since the starter motor's turning). It's more likely that the car got struck by lightning to cause a surge strong enough to wipe the memory.

3) CoilPack and/or distributor is faulty/knackered and not strong enough to ignite.

I believe the latter is more believable out of the three but we're hoping it's 1) as it's the cheapest fix. Well... 2) should be free since the tuners got it for him!

This is obviously something to sort out before JAE and after a little research on the other forums it's one of either three things.

1) One/More sensors is loose/rotting away most likely on the engine bay side of the loom.

2) Defective Motec, there's no reason why this particular ECU should forget anything unless the Optima went flat for a while (unlikely since the starter motor's turning). It's more likely that the car got struck by lightning to cause a surge strong enough to wipe the memory.

3) CoilPack and/or distributor is faulty/knackered and not strong enough to ignite.

I believe the latter is more believable out of the three but we're hoping it's 1) as it's the cheapest fix. Well... 2) should be free since the tuners got it for him!

This is rather annoying this fault coming back to haunt. The recovery man said "we have no sparks" so wouldn't that indicate it's the ignition coil/pack?

Having a Nissan Consult cable would be handy right now! There's an ignition coil for the Pulsar on eBay that cost £25. Alternatively, there's the SuperDIs at £300.

Right I'm really F***ed off with this TuningJackS#!t, anybody wanna meet up their crib to get my brother back on the road? How's midday sharp 25th July for everybody?

Unit A, Holder Road, Aldershot, Hampshire, England, GU12 4RH
loc2.gif

Yeah, generally I'm not at all happy with the level of support I'm getting from TJ. Nothing against the MoTeC product as it is a reputable name. However, like most products sometimes they're only as good as the aftersales support. There are not many suppliers in the UK than do support it, let alone are local. One of the reasons I had elected TJ other than their experience with Pulsar lump was the fact that they are local. This factor alone is now of diminished value.

If the ECU had remained as an A'PEXi PowerFC I would have had more alternatives for diagnostic service. The Nissan Consult cable cannot be used for my setup which would have at least point to the origin of the fault.

On another topic TJ have not paid me for web work I did for them last November. Nor have they found the GReddy turbo timer and Profec-B controller they lost while building the car. All the instances have thwarted efforts to get an article published for any magazine. How can you have an article about a car and avoid the company behind the build without mentioning the poor support as well as the unreliability of the car - which still remains undetermined.

Its almost been 2 months waiting for them just to take a look and I'm still waiting.

This is all negative press, which I wanted to avoid but they leave me little choice and they can't question my patience with them. How many people would wait over a year for them to return the missing items and provide me with confidence in my car. It never broke down prior to giving it to TJ - sure there were some aspects to fix.

That fact it's been in there more times than Stufa's turbo visited a petrol station shows how poor their service is. Like you say, over a year. It's not on.

dude you mean go down there with some bats and heavies :)
i said this a while ago leigh ;)
can be arranged,

we going down there to take your car there or to pick it up ??

You do see that pussy...oh OH, sorry I misread that.

If I'm not on holiday now then I'll be there representing the local boys :D.

Back
Top Bottom