th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Exacty corbs, just get a gtir ecu and loom on there cheap as chips,
then dastek uni Q chip it job done:):)
the engines not highly modded just big turbo and injectors, so no real reason to have all this stuff on it?

you will get back loads of money selling all that motec what not, and other gizmos and gadgets you got :lol:

why bother with the GTIR ecu....just get the standard almera gti ecu get that modded and away ya go....even easier...:D

yeah even better ! leigh you gotta give this car what it deseves man,

to be running !, its mint and fast, just not going anywhere,

now even my turbo car was running longer than this!

yeah even better ! leigh you gotta give this car what it deseves man,

to be running !, its mint and fast, just not going anywhere,

now even my turbo car was running longer than this!

Thanks for the Love big Stu. I have in the plan a second opinion from someone else once the last stuff are installed (for free). He's a MoTeC mapper, think he's based in Kent through a friend.

When the car last broke down nr Richmond, the RAC towed it to a local garage who said that it was likely a failed dizzy. Also, disconnecting the battery didn't always work neither.

The dizzy on there atm is the GTi one which has the crank sensor built-in.
By going GTiR dizzy, sender and coil would make for a more original GTiR setup as the last of possible point of incompatibility.

The MSD stuff was just the option to go replacement aftermarket rather than GTiR stock (my choice).

Plus from the MSD forum, there was another member who was using the same products on a GTiR with a MoTeC ecu and had said he'd had no problem since.

Lets hope that once this is done it would dispel the bad luck.

All SR series engines use the same trigger wheel.

I have a GTi ignition system on a Power FC ECU designed for the GTiR.

All SR series engines use the same trigger wheel.

I have a GTi ignition system on a Power FC ECU designed for the GTiR.

Ah cheers for that, there's me thinking it was different somehow?

Still I know the MSD was running on a GTiR dizzy with stock HT leads that worked.
So its one last stock item related to the ignition to eliminate or at least the ignition coil.

I've been told the stock GTiR and HT leads are best so will be adopting these. However, beyond this if the problems still persists it'll be between the alarm system kicking the immobiliser or the motec ecu and or the motec wiring. Then I'll lose hope . . .

Update; Installed R32 Skyline front seats - muchas gracias Senior Stu. Got some smoked VZR indicator lights from Rinkya.com. New photos added to the first post.

Lastly, what do you think of this - too much?

bumper_concept.jpg

ooooo .... love it... can u get orange ones???

There are some amber ones which are uber rare and I haven't seen any on the Jap auctions - not likely to either. Best bet is to get some normal VZR ones and tint them with film. Checkout decalfx.com they've got loads of related tinting products and the video tutorials. They make it look easy.

Love the seats! Dont like the tinted repeaters though, just doesnt 'flow' right with the front lights when seen from the side.

I thought the clear P2 bulges were the rarest? If thats what yours were, they certainly worked best for me on the blue.

Hehe my genuine autech amber indicators cost £10 :)

I like that front bumper idea, a bit like Ed's N16!

Yeah its wierd but they looked 'posh' when they were clear with the black P2 style bit, flowed nicely with clear side repeaters, and tinting lights can sometimes look a bit 'cheap'.

Perhaps tinting the headlights smoked grey would bring back the unity?
I'm also toying with painting up the chrome lip in BS7 blue. This quick photoshop give you kinda the idea although I was hard pressed to get it looking more matt than gloss.

concept_alloys.jpg

i like the lights but i am not sure of the blue on them wheels.

The blue goes nicely with your car im just not sure with the actual wheel whether the spokes are too big or too black?

xx

Nah I just think it looked so much better before, I think the problem is its not a very OEM+ look, which your car was awesome at before.

Like that blue lip though.

nah, i agree with corbs et al - the indicators before were nice n clean lookinand flowed with the headlights. Now they just stand out and for no real reason, looks misplaced tbh.

Not sure on wheels either, i think you had it near perfert as it was, be very easy to do more cos you're used to it/bored or whatever and actually detract from it imo.

Back
Top Bottom