th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Oh by the way, in case you're wondering it isn't exactly a straight forward install as most of the components have to be tightened at individual torque settings.

Somebody was breaking their car and never got round to fitting them.

bigfoot_626_2.jpg

holy hell Leigh would 4 pots not have sufficed :lol: how big are the discs?

Where you getting them fitted?

holy hell Leigh would 4 pots not have sufficed :lol: how big are the discs?

Where you getting them fitted?

lol - yeah probably but they don't do 4 pots of these sized discs - just gonna have to live with 8 pots I'm afraid. The discs are 356/32 and they are not being fitted at TJ's.

Friend of the family who usually works on Porsche's gave me a great deal. All to be done this Thursday.

will nothing else need uprating for them to work efficiently? Master Cylinder, bias valve etc?

are you gonna do the maxima rear brake conversion too?

will nothing else need uprating for them to work efficiently? Master Cylinder, bias valve etc?

are you gonna do the maxima rear brake conversion too?

I'm told by Bobby off GTiROC that the stock master cylinder is fine - I assume that the GTiR stock is comparative to the Almera?

Wasn't aware there was a Maxima rear brake upgrade. Got any links?

UPDATE!!!

OK, I did the brakes on the car today.

As well as the Wilwoods and 300mm discs that came from the Micra (RIP), I got round to fitting the new rear setup from a '95 Maxima as well.

I wasn't sure if it would fit but it does...straight on and no issues!!!

The stock Almera GTi rear brake disc and a '95 Maxima rear disc (285mm) (albeit an aftermarket variant)...

DSC00004.jpg

Here's the finished product along side the '95 Maxima calipers (sorry for the blurry mobile phone photo)...

DSC00003.jpg

Cheers

Dave

The kit actually comes from Greg Vogel from G-Spec in the U.S.

I can't remember how much it was, as I got it last August, but everything bolts staight on to the original mounting points.

You have to remove and discard the back plate, as it is too small, but the discs bolt on (they come drilled to 4 stud already), the calipers bolt onto the same place, and both the handbrakes cable and stainless brake lines fit straight on as well.

As for the finished article...

I have just a few things left to do, including fitting the heavy duty driveshafts, fit the coilovers and fit the front, lower wishbone PU bushing.

Give me a couple of weeks, and it will be done.

Cheers

Dave

there ya go

jesusu christ they're enormous! and 8 pots???? holy fook.

thing is, i know you've got mad power but are they not almost gonna be too good wih all that leverage and stopping power?! you still got your ABS connected? os i always found the mera abs a pain anyway, let alone with those kinda meaty brakes!

still, fookin cool though :cool:

jesusu christ they're enormous! and 8 pots???? holy fook.

thing is, i know you've got mad power but are they not almost gonna be too good wih all that leverage and stopping power?! you still got your ABS connected? os i always found the mera abs a pain anyway, let alone with those kinda meaty brakes!

still, fookin cool though :cool:

Well, with power you get, which I can feel can get to silly speeds easily; quite reassuring that I can leave the power range just as quick. Although noted that I need to be more aware of numpties trying to keep up behind me lol.

I think it was Joe who said I may not need the ABS for these brakes? We'll see, I would still need to bed them in for the next 200km (124miles).

Now off to look at the GSPEC website ...

yeah pull the fuse and if you cant remove the bulb from the cluster stick something infront of it :)

either that or I believe kristian was making ABS delete kits......

Back
Top Bottom