th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

This isn't an endurance racing car guys!

I know everyone thinks that more pistons are better, but does it really need an 8 piston caliper?

I mean I have 4 pots on a 300mm disc and have never had issues with braking.

As much as it looks the bollocks, it is really required on a vehicle of this caliber, regardless of horsepower output?

A heavy car of say 2 tonnes, repeatedly stoppping from 150 mph sprints, back to 0 mph and then repeat, yes, but for an everyday car, nah.

Your car is awesome though bud!

lol, yes ;)

OMG OMG OMG please buy the Rota GTR wheels! They are my favourite wheel. Might need tyre stretch or serious arch rolling/flare to fit thought because of they offset they come with. I've just had a look on rarerims website though and it's confirmed to me that they dont do them in 4x100. Would you have to import for that fitment?

This site seems to be able to order them in the correct fitment? As orders are made to specifically fit your car. Checkout http://www.lambodoorkits.co.uk/rota....html?osCsid=36b9f040f4635b57f5b955b1378fe4b9

Obviously, I only need the wheel only price.

I would love these but don't know whether I'll get away with the negative offset.

Rota%20-%20GTR%20Flat-Black%2018x9.5%20W007-250x250.jpg

But this would probably be my best bet for fitment.

Rota%20-%20GTR%20Flat-Black%2018x8.5%20W07-160x160.jpg

This isn't an endurance racing car guys!

I know everyone thinks that more pistons are better, but does it really need an 8 piston caliper?

I mean I have 4 pots on a 300mm disc and have never had issues with braking.

As much as it looks the bollocks, it is really required on a vehicle of this caliber, regardless of horsepower output?

A heavy car of say 2 tonnes, repeatedly stoppping from 150 mph sprints, back to 0 mph and then repeat, yes, but for an everyday car, nah.

Your car is awesome though bud!

Hey Dave, yeah I agree its an overkill and doesn't conform functionality to actual use. It was more of the idea of filling out the 18s more than anything. I guess its a 'kids don't try this at home' situ.

Thanks for the complimentary comments!

With the rally car it's more about achieving supreme stopping power though rather than matching engine power to braking power. I still think for the hassel, 6 pots are overkill as this isnt a track machine.

Ah, second page! Well yes Leigh we know you low the show & tell stuff :D and yes it will and does look awesome :)

Well temporary measure gonna swap my wheels with dArchitect and another fitting a go.
If all goes well I'll need to get some serious spacers and the arches flared.
Or get a new set of alloys and sell up the RSS.
Would love the Rota GTRs but the 9.5" width will mean I can't turn lol.
So should really stick close to 7" or 7.5"...

Here's a pic of the 356 kit on what I think are Rota Grids
6.jpg

The convex design has a width of 9.5" compared to my current 7.5" a difference of 2". If I go for the flat spoke design the width comes to 8.5" a difference of 1" or my 25mm spacers.
So, I'm guessing the flat spoke design will have enough clearance without having to go too drastic on the arch flaring.

I've messaged Rota to ask if they can get them in the 4x100 PCD and then we may be onto a winner.

You'll have to excuse my last comment, twas a long day and confused the width of the wheel with the need to clear the calipers with spacer clearance?!

all these wheels are nice but non of them are 4x100 in your desired fitment you realise?

the only wheels i could think of you getting that will be 4x100 and can be made to your specs are compomotive mo's there a sweet wheel but look nothing like the ones you have..

As you can see the offset means they stick out loads, which means you either have stretched tyres or very flared arches. I'm biased and I love the Grid design, so I say go for these and get some mega flare-age going on :D

As you can see the offset means they stick out loads, which means you either have stretched tyres or very flared arches. I'm biased and I love the Grid design, so I say go for these and get some mega flare-age going on :D

Ed you can get different offsets when ordering, ET12,15,20,25,30,40.
The only thing you can't change is the width 8" being the shortest.

Not sure whether Rota could make them in PCD 4x100 which would be issue next to having them at 8" wide! Could prove problematic on turning?!

Looking at the Rays catalogue atm, sadly the KEI-Racing D2s are 5x114 only.
So the fallback would the 18" 7" 4x100 INOVITEs

Leigh - curtis' car above is wearing those wheels (Rota grid drifts) in 4x100, they recently started making them.

Might be an option, would be great to know what size he's got on and whether he's on spacers for that stance. I'd have mine in black though.

These would be nice, 18R 7.5" 4x100 available ET42
But again not sure about the spoke clearance on the calipers.
The offset differemce only being 3mm

EnkeiRZ-5_l.jpg
big_wheel_rssgb.jpg

Same dimensions but ET38 and again not sure on spoke clearance.

1245342124282_stvi_b.jpg
big_wheel_rssgb.jpg

ET40

Is big callipers really worth all this Leigh?! :lol: Having to buy a whole new set of wheels just to get big brakes when FTO or Z32 upgrade like Stu's will fit just fine :)

Back
Top Bottom