th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Yes you can. Whether it's a P2/P1 thing I don't know, but I took mine out 12 months ago. It's a small twist style directly onto the back of the PCB.

^hence taking the bulb out/blanking the bulb so it doesnt show a fault.

You know what, I really wish that this last mod go smoothly but no..... disc size fine but caliper clearance non-existent despite 25mm hubcentric spacers.

Option 1: Change wheels.
Option 2: Increase already ridiculous spacer from 25mm to whatever + flare arches over an inch?
Option 3: Apex will be kind enough to do a swapsy on the calipers for 6 pots (assuming width dimension is smaller + they work on 365 discs) still waiting response.

Very annoyed that anyway means more mula$!

Option 1: Will mean someone needs to be interested in my 18s and that I'd need to get a similar looking one.

Is it catching on the inside or out?

Caliper fouls the spoke design, essentially.
Adding larger spacers to clear the calipers will increase the stance and consequently expose about an inch of tyre beyond the arch.
Being on coilovers makes flaring a necessity.

If the 18s were of a flatter internal spoke design then it would be fine so I'm told.
Not sure if they tried removing the caliper spacer.
Won't get to see myself til tomorrow afternooon.

I would go to smaller calipers and Discs If the 6 pots don't go over the discs you have now.

Internal perimetric clearance is fine, so the disc size are okay, its just the caliper coming out, if you know what I mean.

Hopefully, Apex performance are feeling understanding and will accommodate for the caliper swap.

Option 3. The rally F2 Almera had AP 6 pots. So 6 pots will do you FINE!

If it came to option 1:
stvi_black.jpg
d2gunmetal.jpg
d1_dg.jpg
18_inch_GTR_black-250x250.jpg

I'll look for more ...

Kei Racing D2 is an awesome wheel and will look great on yours Leigh. No chrome lip though so won't the mrs notice?

lol, yes ;)

OMG OMG OMG please buy the Rota GTR wheels! They are my favourite wheel. Might need tyre stretch or serious arch rolling/flare to fit thought because of they offset they come with. I've just had a look on rarerims website though and it's confirmed to me that they dont do them in 4x100. Would you have to import for that fitment?

lol, yes ;)

OMG OMG OMG please buy the Rota GTR wheels! They are my favourite wheel. Might need tyre stretch or serious arch rolling/flare to fit thought because of they offset they come with. I've just had a look on rarerims website though and it's confirmed to me that they dont do them in 4x100. Would you have to import for that fitment?

I'm sure I read somewhere that they have started to make them in 4x100 very recently!

Option 1: Get the same exact wheel with a stupid offset as the RSS don't come any narrow than a 7.5" width on an 18" diameter and flare all four arches on a smooth extension. You could always say you sold your RSS for cheaper wheels to salvage some ££'s, that would go down better with the wife but let's face it, she's going to notice these stoppers immediately!

Option 2: (Multiple/OTT spacers) I believe may look rather $#!t£ period. Unless you paint the spacers black it's going to look rather odd. No offence but because of the thick spoke design I never liked your wheels anyway.

Option 3: Six and Eight pot callipers are the same width (which is the problem) not the same length (which isn't a problem). The calliper spacer is there to make sure the disc is central to the calliper so it can't be moved. Unless you cut the calliper (which is a stupid idea) you're going to have to flare the arches.

On another note, even though 6 pots will suffice, if it's not cheaper than 8 pots there's no point in changing them as you'll lose out on ££. The Rally 'Mera had 6 pots yes, but that was only running an N/A 260bhp and Leigh's is nearly 450bhp.

Back
Top Bottom