th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Is big callipers really worth all this Leigh?! :lol: Having to buy a whole new set of wheels just to get big brakes when FTO or Z32 upgrade like Stu's will fit just fine :)

Er well I already have the kit plus if I were happy with the FTO/Z32 upgrades I would have got them a while back. So it's worth it to me in terms of finished look form and OTT function.

That's just me, can't say anyone else has these fitted so adds to uniqueness.

Well seeing as Leigh has to sell his wheels now, for those interested, here's what they look like on a 5 door.

DSC09255.jpg

For those considering 356mm 8 Pots at a later date I suggest you don't bother lol.

DSC09256.jpg

For sale thread updated with the above alloys going for £450 including shipping.

Still looking around for alloys
http://www.rotawheels.com/wheels.asp?wheelid=42
subzero_3.jpg

Had no idea Rota is a filipino company. Awesome.

The car done and has had the brakes installed using dArchitects wheels + 10mm spacers.
The annoying thing was that two of the four studs kept turning so had to be spot welded. The garage also sorted out my door, which was dropping, for free!

Will get pics up as soon as I can collect her.

please for the love of god spray that N1 wing the right colour and fit it properly.. as you said theres 5 people desperate to buy it.. please do it justice! its a crime seeing it like that :(

im first to have that wing just so everyone knows :lol:
as i had first dibs on it the day he fitted it! i have a std bs7 spoiler for him too sitting here for when he wants to swap :)

cars looking nice leigh whats the deal with the brake servo/mastercylinder?
with massive 8 pots you may need to upgrade.

wheels should stay on mikes car.. leigh should pony up for some custom compomotive MO's cos there the dogs bollocks.. and the N1 wing should go on Vbay and we'll see who gets it :D

Aww muchas love everyone.

cars looking nice leigh whats the deal with the brake servo/mastercylinder?
with massive 8 pots you may need to upgrade.
BMC is fine, was told by Bobby on nissangtir that the stock is adequate.
Feels smooth and firm on normal driving. I'll have to wait to bed them in 200km before knowing how it feels in spirited motion.

Here's the pics:

Raceworx said:
please for the love of god spray that N1 wing the right colour and fit it properly.. as you said theres 5 people desperate to buy it.. please do it justice! its a crime seeing it like that
GFT :)

But I love the wheels on your car Mike!
At first I annoyed the forum for not having a CAI air filter, then it was the strut brace, followed by it being a 5 door and then this spoiler. I quite like the fact it annoys peeps as it doubles up for being different against my weird tastes. I've mounted it the way it is because I wanted it to line up with the end of the car.

Th3k3ymast3r has already offered me his rims for nothing but I don't like the style and any chrome on my wheels.

If I break my car or leave this country the engine and N1 spoiler's already Th3k3ymast3r (sorry). Having to click on images also annoys me so for likeminded people here are some close up.

IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

oooof! very nice,

how come you went for K sports in the end?
how much?
is it a kit for a GTiR then?

look Veery noice!
all you need now is some Toyo R888's or Advan A048's to get the racking force down! haha,

and your ABS will go crazy, may have to disconnect one or remove the fuse, :-)

oooof! very nice,

how come you went for K sports in the end?
how much?
is it a kit for a GTiR then?

look Veery noice!
all you need now is some Toyo R888's or Advan A048's to get the racking force down! haha,

and your ABS will go crazy, may have to disconnect one or remove the fuse, :-)

I was planning on a pair of D2s of comparable specs, when I checked the price on K-Sports they were cheaper at around £759. This kit is specifically for the N15 Pulsar.

Was looking at R888 but the profile won't fit using an 18" rim.

I did discuss the ABS with the forum and will probably disable it. No noticeable issue during normal driving.

As I'm still waiting on the Rota I've added these little blings.

takata_shoulder_pads_driverside.jpg
takata_shoulder_pads_passengerside.jpg

So commences the Rota installation + JDM Garage hubentric 17mm 4x100 spacers.
This would have gone without a hitch if not for one locking nut that keeps spinning!
It would appear that hub bolt has come loose. When the brakes were installed a couple of these were discovered and welded.

I'm not sure whether this is a new problem or a weld gone wrong?

Anyway, looks like the 10mm spacers I have on there are just fine.
Disappointed I couldn't get them on the fronts.
Probably take the car back to the garage to remove the driver-side wheel.

Here are the pics:
IMG_0507.jpg
IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg
IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

As you can see below, if I want to lower it further I'd have to roll/flare the arches.

arch.jpg
profile.jpg

For the moment, I only have the rears in Rotas. Previous to the installation had a bit of ride. I do feel the brake bias, not too hard to rock the car even in standstill traffic.

Can anyone tell me whether I can use my old front EBC disc on the rears - I'm thinking not.

Absolutely stunning those brakes, enter instant whiplash territory!

So let me get this straight after all the searching for alloys/spacers the 10mm spacers fit fine after-all?

Result =P

you wont be able to use the discs on the rear no.

when you say welded, please tell me you dont mean you welded the stud to the hub.....?

whats the condition of your old discs/pads? Im in need of some : D

Do NOT use the k sport pads, they are really poor, spec the ds2500 for road use, if you intend regular track days then go for pagids rs14/19/29

this too

Nice wheels mate. Sub Zero is a nice although quite thin, but I bet they look impressive altogether with the brakes :-)

Nice wheels mate. Sub Zero is a nice although quite thin, but I bet they look impressive altogether with the brakes :-)

Would have done if one locking nut didn't keep spinning.
And Rarerims sent the incorrect spacer bore and wheel profile!

Have to repackage the lot ready for their courier to pickup.

Back
Top Bottom