th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

removes standard rear splitter add diffuser into rear bumper and it might work.. stuck ontop of the splitter would look abit silly... in my opinion

A la ...

negt-rr353.jpg

2263497193_e13e09c576.jpg

Although I don't imagine an exposed rear of the mera is as impressive.
Hasn't it got like some centre ribbing behind the bumper?
Even if its sprayed in satin black.

(goes hunting for a pic)

RearBodyModification2.jpg

Problem with diffusers is we have a beam in the way. You would essentially create a huge parachute

The diffuser can be after the rear beam. If you cut out the spare wheel and cut a piece out the rear bumper it would probably work.
It's only to release the air from under the car in as smoother way as possibel

I've spent all day today looking at underbody aerodynamics on the new Avensis and the Hybrid Auris.
Any component that would create drag has a plastic plate to re-direct the air downwards such as round the rear axles. The whole underside of both cars seems to be made to be as smooth as possible so not to create turbulence under the vehicle to improve fuel efficiency.
Might be worth looking at something like that instead for the mera.

The diffuser can be after the rear beam. If you cut out the spare wheel and cut a piece out the rear bumper it would probably work.
It's only to release the air from under the car in as smoother way as possibel

I've spent all day today looking at underbody aerodynamics on the new Avensis and the Hybrid Auris.
Any component that would create drag has a plastic plate to re-direct the air downwards such as round the rear axles. The whole underside of both cars seems to be made to be as smooth as possible so not to create turbulence under the vehicle to improve fuel efficiency.
Might be worth looking at something like that instead for the mera.

i think we need an aerodynamic thread

07~1.jpg

Steve

Looks amazing mate :) Hope to see you Saturday then, best of luck for the MOT.

Well after the ongoing build saga cropping up again for MOT I got the car back on the road thanks to EuroSpec, Guildford.

TJ:
whp.jpg

EuroSpec:
eurospec_dyno_10-2011.jpg

Main difference, the manifold crack has been welded up, full remap and MOT.
So the power is now 347bhp 3 ponies less than before but 25whp more.

Feels solid again - at last.

What cropped up was that no attempt to install a wideband or narrowband O2 sensor.
Which makes it near impossible to run right let alone pass emissions - just complicating the mapping process.

So I've been advised to get a PLX Device Wideband O2 Sensor and controller.
No remap needed other than the input feed needing to be enabled on the ECU - which would allow the ECU to adjust the AFR rather than go lean based on a fix setting.

Not as many torques as my dirty bitch though.

Excellent Leigh, I'm really pleased for you, that it's finally on the right path :).

Back
Top Bottom