th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Leigh, that is the same flywheel/clutch combo I have, it's friggin' awesome.. nice hard bite and pedal feel.

Hey Rad, what it like driving through traffic, d'ya I think need some bionic upgrade for my left leg?? :D
Gerard has sorted me out with a setup that's supposed to be okay for daily use. I'm hoping stopping and starting through traffic is going to be okay.

Not really worried about the power delivery as this was what this kit was built for!
Forgot to ask Gerard what the clutch is rated at, or more likely he's told me and I've forgotten :roll:

Still, looking forward to getting the car back together.

Gearset is complete, the last of the drivetrain solution:

PAR_gearset.jpg

Now waiting on the TEIN and WHITELINE stuff to arrive and they were ordered 2 months ago!!

I just can't get over the patience/hassle and cost you've gone through! Good on ya! So who has spent more so far, you or your brother? lol! He still got his Almera??

I just can't get over the patience/hassle and cost you've gone through! Good on ya! So who has spent more so far, you or your brother? lol! He still got his Almera??

Hmm, I think I've spent more and more or less understand why many people don't want to mention the final figure as its something you won't get back or the wife is reading the thread/magazine article!

Not that I'm in that position yet. My bro dArchitect still has his 'Mera. I've recently acquired for him the elusive SR16VE ECU so he should be waving good bye to his over-fuelling issues soon. Think he's going to splice it himself! However, he's having problems getting a replacement spring for his rear Daiyama which snapped along with his rare HT3 rear alloys with a chunk missing from a 720 spin on a road that had a oil spill!

He's getting the alloy fixed as its cheaper at this site: http://www.alloywheelrepairs.net/WheelRepair.html

The spring is another matter though, he's still waiting on Gary to get back to him on price and part availability.

Bumper to bumper traffic can become annoying after prolonged periods but I'm used to it (every morning).

It is a very drivable clutch and feels very much like the factory equipment. I think its rated at ~850kg.

(just a note, seems you got the one designed for PAR gearsets?)

I've had a special one made up for Leigh. It's got a 1080kg cover and 4 paddle sprung centre. The flywheel is also a special one with a total of 5.5kg with more meat around the outer edge to offset the light clutch.

This will provide easier takeoffs from a standstill with the best possible torque capacity for his missile.

Lucky boy he is then. Will you make one for me too? or do I need to be in the 12s 1/4 mile club for that? :P

Lucky boy he is then. Will you make one for me too? or do I need to be in the 12s 1/4 mile club for that? :P

I've got 2 left of the same configuration, but drilled for the RNN14 crankshaft. I'll have another one made for you if you like.

Thanks Gerard for all knowledgeable input into my setup.
The last time the car ran, was just after the bigger turbo upgrade and thats when the clutch went to heaven.

It was dialled down to its lowest boost setting; 0.9bar and it produce 300bhp. Not sure whether that was on the road or on the dyno - I'm assuming on the dyno. So hopefully this time round we get passed the first stage.

I like to treat the car to a full respray if I can, followed by a retrim.
Not sure if I need to upgrade the internals just yet - as its pretty pricey as a kit.

Look forward to the coming weeks when all the parts; coilovers, brakes, sway bars together with the drivetrain comes together.

Spotted your car on Nengun members rides leigh ;)
Yup, can't believe I'm the only one with a N15 on it, that or the members that do haven't published their rides. Can't remember what I ordered from there, but its about a months wait for anything on there.

Looking good bud!
Thanks for the comments Dave, this next few weeks should be interesting in that I may get the car back!?

The gearsests/clutch and flywheel arrived today, delivered by UPS.
Had to pay duty and admin fees totalling to half a k!
Breaks down to value of item percentages at 3%, 5% plus VAT of the sum total plus admin charges.
All adds up up.

That was pretty quick delivery from Gerard! first quote was 6-10 days, then he emailed saying it'll be half than that - awesome service!

I can feel the tension building. Lets hope its all sorted soon, wanna drewl over this at JAE again (if your going)

Will sound like a right race car with those straight cut gears from what ive heard :)

Top job, keep it up :)

I can feel the tension building. Lets hope its all sorted soon, wanna drewl over this at JAE again (if your going)

Will sound like a right race car with those straight cut gears from what ive heard :)

Top job, keep it up :)

Thanks CoV, if I get the car back before JAE then I'll definitely be going. So should dArchitect if my coilovers are uprated in time for me to give him my old spring. That and if his rear alloys are fixed! Otherwise he'll be along with me!

Regards,
Leigh

You think it'll be done in time for JAE? Really wanting to see yours and ur bro's cars! The condition and the colour of the blue looks fantastic too!

You think it'll be done in time for JAE? Really wanting to see yours and ur bro's cars! The condition and the colour of the blue looks fantastic too!

Still waiting on those TEIN coilovers, once that arrives it will mean dArchitect all sorted.
It will also be the last part we are waiting on, a part from some synchro replacements for the gearbox install. The tuners say it'll all be ready well before JAE that even includes them polishing up the pipe work and making a custom manifold and dyno run.

I'm pretty confident it will be done, I'm taking a couple of weeks annual leave to get some interior work done, like re-wiring up the ICE and the under-lights and interior trim.

Fingers crossed. :)

Back
Top Bottom