'The Sleeper'

FUCKING YES...
DSC000611.JPG

Actually, hard to see the difference: these are what mine look like:
PAR_gearset.jpg

Unfortunately, don't have apic of the uprated Crown and Pinion.

with this installed i think we have a winner that will be reliable, only weakness may be the shafts now. I seem to remember you kept breaking driveshafts in the bandit, did you resolve this issue or your just being lucky since then>?

with this installed i think we have a winner that will be reliable, only weakness may be the shafts now. I seem to remember you kept breaking driveshafts in the bandit, did you resolve this issue or your just being lucky since then>?

LOL - engineered with luck. That's like a mechanic starting his every sentence with "Hopefully....."
One chap whose running 700bhp in his FWD N15 GTiR had said they were flying through driveshafts, so I'd imagine that common place at those levels?

Same gearset/diff as me? Nice to know the threshold of when it breaks - I'm not going to be anywhere near that. Although I've heard from quite a few who seem to be running their FWD GTiR at 700! nuts.

Although Dave, when you say you are not going to be anywhere near 650bhp which side are you talking from higher or lower?

Lower, as the turbo is really only rated for 600 BHP.

I've felt the car at 22 psi in 4th gear, which I recon would be around the high 400's if not 500 BHP at the crank, and it is just nuts.

It feels just as quick as the Micra did, but with an interior...LOL!

I think that the aerodynamics of the N15 are much better than the K11's, so at speeds of 110 mph, which is were I change into 4th, it pulls so much easier. It doesn't seem to require the same power to weight ratio to pull such high speeds.

I already have uprated driveshafts.

They were £350 a piece, and that was just the shafts, no CV's included!

Once I fitted them in the Micra, I never had any issues and I haven't had an issue with the Almera either.

Cheers

Dave

IT IS ALIVE!!!:thumb:

Fitted two rocker arms and cleaned up the camshaft lobes, no issues.

Well, until I went to start it anyways.

Unfortunately when I removed the rocker cover, two of the studs came out and pulled out the threads with it. I tried using metal set and retapping it today, but I wasn't happy with it, so will need to use a 8mm helicoil.

I put the rocker cover on to prevent oil from spraying all over the engine bay. I started it and revved it a few times to see if all was OK. All was well, until I got out and saw that the oil had escaped at the front end of the timing chain and leaked all the way down onto the alternator and then made a pool of oil 8" in diameter on my driveway!:evil::evil::evil:

DOH!

But who cares, then engine is working!:)

Sweet! Glad its all good now bud!

Are you coming scotish modified? I really wanna see this in the flesh!!

have you talked the guy into shipping it yet? noticed he was being a poof about it

Nah, he has been really good about things.

He was just concerned about how he was going to ship it, but Greg @ G-Spec is taking care of the shipping, so all is well.

He even split the casing and took photos of the stacks and the Nismo LSD with his SR20 forum username and the date and today's newspaper in the foreground.

You can't ask for anymore than that really can you!

Houston, we have a problem!!!

After talking to Greg Vogel regarding the shipping of the gearbox, he gave me some bad news stating that the set that I was intending to buy had a weakness...the input shaft.

Here's what Greg did to his with around 300 WHP...

18132598884c0e7ccb75d2e5.47005576

So, it looks like it is back to the drawing board.

SO FUCKING PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW...SERIOUSLY!!!:evil:

P.S. The sale of my NISMO LSD is on hold guys...sorry!

Back
Top Bottom