KrisG's N16

Been on few pages and there says anything bout it should run better when unplugged or something. Unplugged mine but its still exactly the same won't go above 25k rpm

Looks like the cars gonna have to go into the garage, it now starts then dies :-/ think it is the maf but i don't wana be spending load of money on wrong part, specially for a maf sensor

I don't have any of those codes, just maf. Got a aftetmarket maf coming tomorrow so see if that works. Cars gettin serviced once i get it fixed so should i look and gettin a new chain ?

If only a MAF code has come up, there's a good chance it's that so see how you get on. We had an N16 that wouldn't rev past 2500 when cold. It threw the cam code up and it was a stretched chain. Sounds like you've got lucky.

Yea ill see what happens tomorrow, was 2 maf codes that came up and the maf isn't giving any live data back to the obd. Have to disconnect it the connect it and it appears on the obd for like 1 second and that's it.

Woop got the car fixed. Turns out the old maf was as good as dead, got the new aftetmarket one this morning and she fired up nicely. Got readings from the maf on the obd and took it for small spin along road and everything seems to be running fine.

Got a few things done whilst the car wasn't running so will put some pics up later. Car just needs a good service now so hopefully i can get that done on Saturday whilst weather is still decent.

Not best pic the now but this is what i did whilst the car was broke

Replaced my dated black door handles with colour coded silver and chrome ones and fitted spi vision vinyl to the rear lights, Thinking of doing the same with fog lights, side lights and front lights.

601509_10152529365875434_806500960_n.jpg

looking well bud glad u got it running. id lower it as soon as u can though even just with springs for now! makes a big difference

Yea its getting lowered when i can, need to get better tyres though as 40 profile is shite so gonna go for a 50 i think. Not sure about lowering springs on standard struts as Dono how long they'd be on till i get coilies

You would be ok lowering on standard shocks, I think as a rule of thumb 40mm lower or more on standard shocks is a bad Idea but I think you only get 35mm shocks which will be fine, providing your shocks are in good condition.

Can't remember make but just type into ebay almera backbox and it will come up. Its an alright one for starring one, has quiet a deep hum to it though. There's a few different ones from same company, like different tail pipes so they could sound different i Dono though.

It is for bout a week till it settles in but it does quiet down. Get yourself some exhaust hangers for welding onto it and you may need a bracket made up as the one supplied is thin as hell.

small update, started work on my ph1 bumper mod and its coming on nicely so far :)

20130209_170121.jpg
856805_10152553917595434_1214123480_o.jpg
20130212_114454.jpg
856616_10152562691895434_1033453345_o.jpg

Just need to fill a few more bits then i can start to fibre glass it, Any changes anyone think i should make ?

Back
Top Bottom