KrisG's N16

might need to replace both. I am currently using phase 2 one whilst I repair my other ones due to rust. But, I need some new chassis rail inserts. The crash bar you might be able to get away with though

Ah ok will partner it up when the weather gets better see what need changed. Does the support bar stick out too far on the ph 2 or

So the mera broke down on me today :-(. Driving home and lost all power, battery is fine and loads of fuel. Starts up fine but then dies off, neighbour thinks the fuel filter is blocked so gonna get new one tomorrow. Anyone else think they know what it could be

sounds like a fuel problem bud. check the immobiliser light on the dash is not flasing or staying on. sometimes the key can cause them to start but then die off.

Immobilizer has been dodgy before but its been fine for bout a year. The car hasn't been serviced in good while and i was planning on doing it real soon too. Hopefully its just the fuel filter though. Should be simple enough to change though eh ? Just depresurise the system then run it till it doesn'tsart at all then undo the hoses. Or are almera's different ?

id try the spare key if u have it just to rule out the immobilezer.also give it a spray of easy-start in your air box once its running keep spraying it.if it runs for longer then it is now its definatly fuel. if it still stalls its something else when the fuel filter is blocked it usually splutters revs drop and rise

So the mera broke down on me today :-(. Driving home and lost all power, battery is fine and loads of fuel. Starts up fine but then dies off, neighbour thinks the fuel filter is blocked so gonna get new one tomorrow. Anyone else think they know what it could be

Try testing the alternator.

I had a similar problem. car would start, idle and rev fine in neutral. put it in gear and go to take off, it'd die. It worked out to be the alternator overcharging.
Seem's to be pretty common on the b15 sentra's aswell.

Ok car starts with other key so it not the immobilizer, runs a bit more now bit in gear its dies and neutral reps go up to bout 1500-2000. Gave it a few revs in neutral and it started to splutter and the engine manage light came on. Gonna he'd to town today and get a fuel filter and a OBD see what it says. Ill give the throttle butterfly a clean to as that cause a problem last year too. Any other ideas, don't really wana send it to a garage as that will cost a bomb, think car just needs a good service which ill do myself

Ok now Im confused my local parts dealer said that the fuel filter is in the tank and never gets changed. Got a OBD on the way so will see what that says

Its running better than it was last night but soon as you take it to 2000rpm it starts to splutter, like its cutting out or something

Still no luck with the car but found out it can't seem to get above 25000 rpm, like its struggling for fuel. Hopefully the OBD arrives tomorrow though and can check the codes and some live data

[quote="KrisG, post: 660528, member: 23099] it can't seem to get above 25000 rpm[/quote]

How high?!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Are you aware you can check the codes without a scanner by doing a "pedal dance"??

If you need the procedure, let me know and I'll post it up.

Yea i know about it, did it on a corsa but Dono if almera is the same. Should hopefully have my OBD arrive tomorrow

Got the obd today and it says there's a fault with the maf sensor, any way of cheating it off the car ?

Think there is a trick of unplugging the maf to verify that the maf is at fault. Can't remember what the results should be though

Back
Top Bottom