matt is the way forward!

thanks, im up and down to dublin quite frequently so ya might see me in newry an all..or ya might hear me first lol

BIG update tomorrow, im getting the loan of a farm storage shed tomorrow so i can do it in the dry for a change!

weather was immense today, got the boot an doors off then started to paint.....then the weather shit on me!

thinking of going for the rat look with a rusty bonnet

Maybe for an AOC Blackpool Bash?

Progress-o-meter must be past half way by now Chris!

Finish on that paint looks great, good work.

right, were 80 percent there now, all i have to do is get the doors back on and get them painted, get the gti bootlid on too and get it SLAMMED!!!

picture whore time!

dsc02841j.jpg

dsc02842u.jpg

dsc02843e.jpg

dsc02846o.jpg

dsc02845z.jpg

bought 7 tins yesterday and have none left, went and bought 6 more this afternoon so hopefully itll be complete by tomorrow, if its not, theres something wrong lol

the roof and bonnet will need about 2 more tins between them and the doors will need about 2 tins per side.

i can safely say that i WILL NOT be doing the whole matt black thing again and if i even suggest it, will someone give me a swift boot to the balls?

thanks, even rob thinks it looks good and he persuided me from the initial idea not to do it lol, im VERY tempted to buy a bonnet and strip it and go for the rat look, itll be very rat once i get my coilovers lol..... itll be as low as kierans blue 5 door.... or atleast i hope!

haha i am quite fond of the rat look, once i finish mine i was gonna do a rat gti.

how do ya do the rusty bonnet? i heard ya sand it let it rust then laquer it to stop it goin to far is that right?

i was gonna buy nitromors (paint stripper) in hellfrauds this morning, £4.99

even if you laqeur it, it will still rust as the rusting has already taken place, its like the rust under the paint around the arches, itll just get worse after time unless its sanded down frequently to bare metal

i personally will be getting a second bonnet if i decide to do it, know of one which is handy to me too

now i see why you want new interior :D

its looking good, will be cool once its finished.

rusty bonnet : paint stripper, sand paper, salt water and left for a few weeks to rust up :) i say do it, for a laugh, we need to do something different with almeras, none of this neovvl pish :D

Back
Top Bottom