My PH2 GTI

Whats the stock WHP figure on a GTi? I thought it was 121whp...

I expected a bigger HP gain than that, with those breathing mods.

Either way, good stuffs!

tbh i was expecting it to be a bit higher at the wheels but never the less its showing a 16hp ish gain at the flywheel which i know is only a guesstimate :D

Whats the stock WHP figure on a GTi? I thought it was 121whp...

I expected a bigger HP gain than that, with those breathing mods.

Either way, good stuffs!

tbh dale if we take "sprints" GTi, that made 121whp and 147bhp when standard, thats around a 22% loss, mine works out at around a 24% loss so going off 141bhp being the standard bhp figure then im guessing the standard whp figure would be around 116, but its all wierd, dynos are just for pub talk, on the way home, my mates civic EG6 VTi put out 138whp and 164bhp and is lighter than my GTi yet when we were driving back nicely i was reeling him in in 4th gear, dead even from 2nd through and through 3rd yet into 4th i was pulling him in so its all wank really :lol:

Hahaha!
What ECU you got? Hope you're good with wiring lol as me and Darchitect were chopping wires and stuff for hours at JAE trying to get the SR16VE ECU to work.. With no luck haha

keeping all the DE stuff for simplicity, getting the DE mapped to suit and MSS for cams, people may say this restricts the VE which in some ways it will, i.e the MAF but tbh the GTi MAF doesnt look much different to the VE one in terms of size, the only thing is i will be using the VE 333 squirters but the DE ECU can be mapped to suit them so all should be good. after all Al's old black VE GTi still made 164whp on a stock 20VE with hotshot header, 2.5" exhaust and intake using all the DE stuff, even the injectors, the thing with mine is it will have the VE squirters, 16VE cams and the ECU actually mapped to suit so who knows...only time will tell

horsham or fusion ed, but horsham have already mapped a N15 GTi ECU (kurt :D ) im not sure whether Ed has.

oh it will definitely be plenty of fun for occasional vtec slaying

sweet run buddy, would have been cracking to reach the 160bhp tho. fpr and 19* advance nxt time,
well no point if your VE'in it LOL

david

yeh dave its staying as it is now until the VE is ready, i just wanted the DE breathing better as the standard stuff is basically kack, plus the stuff ive bought can be used with the VE anyway

tbh dale if we take "sprints" GTi, that made 121whp and 147bhp when standard, thats around a 22% loss, mine works out at around a 24% loss so going off 141bhp being the standard bhp figure then im guessing the standard whp figure would be around 116, but its all wierd, dynos are just for pub talk, on the way home, my mates civic EG6 VTi put out 138whp and 164bhp and is lighter than my GTi yet when we were driving back nicely i was reeling him in in 4th gear, dead even from 2nd through and through 3rd yet into 4th i was pulling him in so its all wank really :lol:

Maybe he was having trouble with his V-tak kicking in? :lol:

I agree totally. Dynos are pub talk. 1/4 mile figures are probably a better reflection of how quick a car is.

Wasnt knocking the figures by the way, just adding my thoughts.

Ive never had mine RR'd, and its been running for 8months now, tbh im not too fussed.

It goes well on the the butt dyno, and thats all that matters.;)

Ed can't map GTi ECU's...he uses a GTiR ecu and maps it to your car. Jez uses live mapping instead of a dyno...but if you book enough in advance he can book a dyno to do power runs for you and extra fiddling. Which I never as I wanted it doing asap. Im probably gonna need to go back down there during the winter as my car was mapped whil the HG was on it's way out (didnt know at the time)..so im sure a much better map can be done.

your thread kept me entertained on my lunch break so thanks!!! your car looks really good. I used to want a civic vti really badly..but tbh, after sitting in my friends p10 eGt i was struck by sr20 power! lol. imho i think the almera gti is a more grown up car, and a very underated car. Your car (and other owners cars on here) has given me the urge to want to buy one!! i love the fact its not the obvious car for modifiers ( but the sr20de really responds well to tuning..). Cant wait to see how this car progresses! good luck!

thanks for the comments guys.

ahhh right so im guessing the GTi loom plugs straight into the GTiR ECU then kurt? if thats the case then i think i'll be "borrowing" my GTiR ECU then :D

im glad my thread kept you busy fella, you are right about our cars, dont get me wrong the EG civics can look awesome but as you say the GTi is much more refined and yes underrated

Back
Top Bottom